Advantageous Effects of Regulatory Adverse Selection in the Life Insurance Market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Choi Yun Jeong & Chen Joe & Sawada Yasuyuki, 2015. "Life Insurance and Suicide: Asymmetric Information Revisited," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 15(3), pages 1127-1149, July.
- R. Guy Thomas, 2008. "Loss Coverage as a Public Policy Objective for Risk Classification Schemes," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 75(4), pages 997-1018.
- Renaud Bourlès, 2017.
"Prevention incentives in long-term insurance contracts,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(3), pages 661-674, September.
- Renaud Bourlès, 2008. "Moral Hazard In Dynamic Insurance Classification Risk And Prepayment," Working Papers halshs-00340830, HAL.
- Renaud Bourlès, 2015. "Prevention Incentives in Long-Term Insurance Contracts," AMSE Working Papers 1541, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France, revised Oct 2015.
- Renaud Bourlès, 2017. "Prevention incentives in long-term insurance contracts," Post-Print hal-01589993, HAL.
- Renaud Bourlès, 2015. "Prevention Incentives in Long-Term Insurance Contracts," Working Papers halshs-01214592, HAL.
- Renaud Bourlès, 2010. "The incentive for prevention in public health Systems," IDEP Working Papers 1001, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France, revised 17 Feb 2010.
- Vijay Aseervatham & Christoph Lex & Spindler, Martin, 2014. "How do unisex rating regulations affect gender differences in insurance premiums?," MEA discussion paper series 201416, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Wenan Fei & Claude Fluet & Harris Schlesinger, 2015.
"Uncertain Bequest Needs and Long-Term Insurance Contracts,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance,
The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 82(1), pages 125-148, March.
- Wenan Fei & Claude Fluet & Harris Schlesinger, 2007. "Uncertain Bequest Needs and Long-Term Insurance Contracts," Cahiers de recherche 0742, CIRPEE.
- Wenan Fei & Claude Fluet & Harris Schlesinger, 2008. "Uncertain Bequest Needs and Long-Term Insurance Contracts," CESifo Working Paper Series 2505, CESifo Group Munich.
- Georges Dionne & Casey Rothschild, 2014. "Economic Effects of Risk Classification Bans," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 39(2), pages 184-221, September.
- Nan Zhu & Daniel Bauer, 2013. "Coherent Pricing of Life Settlements Under Asymmetric Information," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 80(3), pages 827-851, September.
- Edmond Baranes & David Bardey, 2015. "Competition between health maintenance organizations and nonintegrated health insurance companies in health insurance markets," Health Economics Review, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 1-9, December.
- Eric Stephens & James R. Thompson, 2015. "Separation Without Exclusion in Financial Insurance," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 82(4), pages 853-864, December.
- Angus Macdonald & Pradip Tapadar, 2010. "Multifactorial Genetic Disorders and Adverse Selection: Epidemiology Meets Economics," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 77(1), pages 155-182.
- Georges Dionne & Nathalie Fombaron & Neil Doherty, 2012. "Adverse Selection in Insurance Contracting," Cahiers de recherche 1231, CIRPEE.
- Finkelstein, Amy & Poterba, James & Rothschild, Casey, 2009.
"Redistribution by insurance market regulation: Analyzing a ban on gender-based retirement annuities,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 38-58, January.
- Amy Finkelstein & James Poterba & Casey Rothschild, 2006. "Redistribution by Insurance Market Regulation: Analyzing a Ban on Gender-Based Retirement Annuities," NBER Working Papers 12205, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Koch, Thomas G., 2014. "One pool to insure them all? Age, risk and the price(s) of medical insurance," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 1-11.
- Vicky Barham & Rose Anne Devlin & Olga Milliken, 2016. "Genetic Health Risks: The Case for Universal Public Health Insurance," Working Papers 1605E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- repec:pra:mprapa:55343 is not listed on IDEAS
- A. B. Atkinson, 2009. "Economics as a Moral Science," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 76(s1), pages 791-804, October.
- repec:eee:jhecon:v:55:y:2017:i:c:p:95-107 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kesternich, Iris & Schumacher, Heiner, 2009. "On the Use of Information in Repeated Insurance Markets," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 280, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Michael Hoy & Michael Ruse, 2008. "“No Solution to This Dilemma Exists”: Discrimination, Insurance, and the Human Genome Project," Working Papers 0808, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecj:econjl:v:116:y:2006:i:508:p:327-354. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/resssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.