What can the life-cycle model tell us about 401(k) contributions and participation?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zenios, Stavros A. & Holmer, Martin R. & McKendall, Raymond & Vassiadou-Zeniou, Christiana, 1998. "Dynamic models for fixed-income portfolio management under uncertainty," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 1517-1541, August.
- Shlomo Benartzi & Richard H. Thaler, 1995.
"Myopic Loss Aversion and the Equity Premium Puzzle,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 110(1), pages 73-92.
- Shlomo Benartzi & Richard H. Thaler, 1993. "Myopic Loss Aversion and the Equity Premium Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 4369, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Randall S. Hiller & Jonathan Eckstein, 1993. "Stochastic Dedication: Designing Fixed Income Portfolios Using Massively Parallel Benders Decomposition," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(11), pages 1422-1438, November.
- Maranas, C. D. & Androulakis, I. P. & Floudas, C. A. & Berger, A. J. & Mulvey, J. M., 1997. "Solving long-term financial planning problems via global optimization," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(8-9), pages 1405-1425, June.
- David Hirshleifer, 2001. "Investor Psychology and Asset Pricing," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(4), pages 1533-1597, August.
- Shleifer, Andrei, 2000. "Inefficient Markets: An Introduction to Behavioral Finance," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198292272, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Le Blanc, Julia & Scholl, Almuth, 2011. "Optimal savings for retirement: The role of individual accounts and disaster expectations," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2011,33, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Huang, Huaxiong & Milevsky, Moshe A., 2016. "Longevity risk and retirement income tax efficiency: A location spending rate puzzle," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 50-62.
- Geng Li & Paul A. Smith, 2009. "New evidence on 401(k) borrowing and household balance sheets," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2009-19, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kallweit, Manuel & Fehr, Hans & Kindermann, Fabian, 2011.
"Should pensions be progressive? Yes, at least in Germany!,"
Annual Conference 2011 (Frankfurt, Main): The Order of the World Economy - Lessons from the Crisis
48708, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Hans Fehr & Manuel Kallweit & Fabian Kindermann, 2011. "Should Pensions be Progressive? Yes, at least in Germany!," CESifo Working Paper Series 3636, CESifo Group Munich.
- Kai Yuan Kuan & Mark R. Cullen & Sepideh Modrek, 2015. "Racial Disparities in Savings Behavior for a Continuously Employed Cohort," NBER Working Papers 20937, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hans Fehr & Fabian Kindermann, 2010.
"Pension Funding and Individual Accounts in Economies with Life-cyclers and Myopes,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 56(3), pages 404-443, September.
- Hans Fehr & Fabian Kindermann, 2009. "Pension Funding and Individual Accounts in Economies with Life-cyclers and Myopes," CESifo Working Paper Series 2724, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hans Fehr & Fabian Kindermann, 2009. "Pension funding and individual accounts in economies with life-cyclers and myopes," Working Papers 2009/23, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Uli KLEINWECHTER, "undated". "A Utility Function Based Approach Towards the Modeling of Migration in Village Equilibrium Models," EcoMod2010 259600092, EcoMod.
- Timothy Jun Lu & Olivia S. Mitchell, 2010. "Borrowing from Yourself: The Determinants of 401(k) Loan Patterns," Working Papers wp221, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Matthew S. Rutledge & April Yanyuan Wu & Francis M. Vitagliano, 2015. "Do Tax Incentives Increase 401 (K) Retirement Saving? Evidence from the Adotion of Catch-Up Contributions," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 9e3f2369237e4d798025ac66e, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Geng Li & Paul A. Smith, 2008. "Borrowing from yourself: 401(k) loans and household balance sheets," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2008-42, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hans Fehr & Manuel Kallweit & Fabian Kindermann, 2009. "Marital Risk, Family Insurance, and Public Policy," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 226, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Fehr, Hans & Jokisch, Sabine & Kallweit, Manuel & Kindermann, Fabian & Kotlikoff, Laurence J., 2013. "Generational Policy and Aging in Closed and Open Dynamic General Equilibrium Models," Handbook of Computable General Equilibrium Modeling, Elsevier.
- Julia Le Blanc & Almuth Scholl, 2015. "Optimal Savings for Retirement: The Role of Individual Accounts," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2015-10, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Andras Simonovits, 2009. "A Simple Model of Tax-Favored Retirement Accounts," IEHAS Discussion Papers 0915, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Reyers, Michelle & van Schalkwyk, Cornelis Hendrik & Gouws, Daniël Gerhardus, 2015. "Rational and behavioural predictors of pre-retirement cash-outs," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 23-33.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jpenef:v:6:y:2007:i:02:p:147-185_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_PEF .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.