Seasonality in Canadian Stock Prices: A Test of the “Tax-Loss-Selling” Hypothesis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Galai, Dan & Masulis, Ronald W., 1976. "The option pricing model and the risk factor of stock," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 53-81.
- Merton, Robert C., 1977. "On the pricing of contingent claims and the Modigliani-Miller theorem," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 241-249, November.
- James H. Scott Jr., 1976. "A Theory of Optimal Capital Structure," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 7(1), pages 33-54, Spring.
- Turnbull, Stuart M, 1979. "Debt Capacity," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(4), pages 931-940, September.
- Brennan, Michael J & Schwartz, Edwardo S, 1978. "Corporate Income Taxes, Valuation, and the Problem of Optimal Capital Structure," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(1), pages 103-114, January.
- Kane, Alex & Marcus, Alan J & McDonald, Robert L, 1984. " How Big Is the Tax Advantage to Debt?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(3), pages 841-853, July.
- Miller, Merton H, 1977. "Debt and Taxes," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 261-275, May.
- Constantinides, George M, 1978. "Market Risk Adjustment in Project Valuation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 33(2), pages 603-616, May.
- Kim, E Han, 1978. "A Mean-Variance Theory of Optimal Capital Structure and Corporate Debt Capacity," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 33(1), pages 45-63, March.
- McDonald, Robert & Siegel, Daniel, 1984. " Option Pricing When the Underlying Asset Earns a Below-Equilibrium Rate of Return: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(1), pages 261-265, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bohl, Martin T. & Gottschalk, Katrin & Henke, Harald & Pál, Rozália, 2006. "Institutional investors and stock market efficiency: The case of the January anomaly," Working Paper Series 2006,6, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), The Postgraduate Research Programme Capital Markets and Finance in the Enlarged Europe.
- Dbouk, Wassim & Jamali, Ibrahim & Kryzanowski, Lawrence, 2013. "The January effect for individual corporate bonds," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 69-77.
- Brian Lucey & Shane Whelan, 2004. "Monthly and semi-annual seasonality in the Irish equity market 1934-2000," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 203-208.
- Bjorn Wahlroos & Tom Berglund, 1984. "Anomalies and Equilibrium Returns in a Small Stock Market," Discussion Papers 589, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- repec:eee:reveco:v:51:y:2017:i:c:p:174-192 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pandey I M, 2002. "Is There Seasonality in the Sensex Monthly Returns?," IIMA Working Papers WP2002-09-08, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Robert J. Sweeney & Robert F. Scherer & Janet Goulet & Waldemar M. Goulet, 1996. "Investment Behavior and the Small Firm Effect," Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance, Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business and Management, vol. 5(3), pages 251-269, Fall.
- Bohl, Martin T. & Gottschalk, Katrin & Pál, Rozália, 2006. "Institutional investors and stock market efficiency: The case of the January anomaly," MPRA Paper 677, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2006.
- Lei Gao & Gerhard Kling, 2005. "Calendar Effects in Chinese Stock Market," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 6(1), pages 75-88, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jfinqa:v:22:y:1987:i:01:p:51-63_01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.