The Check is in the Mail: Correspondent Clearing and the Collapse of the Banking System, 1930 to 1933
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kevin M. Murphy & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1991.
"The Allocation of Talent: Implications for Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 503-530.
- Kevin M. Murphy & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1990. "The Allocation of Talent: Implicationsfor Growth," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 65, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Kevin M. Murphy & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1990. "The Allocation of Talent: Implications for Growth," NBER Working Papers 3530, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Murphy, Kevin M. & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1991. "The Allocation of Talent: Implications for Growth," Scholarly Articles 27692664, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Philip R. Lane & Aaron Tornell, 1999. "The Voracity Effect," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(1), pages 22-46, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mark Billings & Forrest Capie, 2011. "Financial crisis, contagion, and the British banking system between the world wars," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(2), pages 193-215.
- Kris James Mitchener & Gary Richardson, 2016.
"Network Contagion and Interbank Amplification during the Great Depression,"
NBER Working Papers
22074, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mitchener, Kris James & Richardson, Gary, 2016. "Network Contagion and Interbank Amplification during the Great Depression," Working Paper 16-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Mitchener, Kris James & Richardson, Gary, 2016. "Network Contagion and Interbank Amplification during the Great Depression," CEPR Discussion Papers 11164, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christopher Hoag, 2015. "Clearinghouse Loan Certificates as Interbank Loans," Working Papers 1504, Trinity College, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2015.
- Louis-Philippe Rochon & Sergio Rossi, 2011. "Monetary Policy Without Reserve Requirements: Central Bank Money as Means of Final Payment on the Interbank Market," Chapters,in: Credit, Money and Macroeconomic Policy, chapter 6 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jaremski, Matthew & Mathy, Gabrial, 2017. "Looking Back On the Age of Checking in America, 1800-1960," MPRA Paper 78083, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jechis:v:67:y:2007:i:03:p:643-671_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JEH .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.