Globalization and Welfare Compensation: Disentangling the Ties that Bind
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brian Burgoon & Panicos Demetriades & Geoffrey R D Underhill, 2008.
"Financial Liberalisation and Political Variables: a response to Abiad and Mody,"
WEF Working Papers
0039, ESRC World Economy and Finance Research Programme, Birkbeck, University of London.
- Brian Burgoon & Panicos Demetriades & Geoffrey Underhill, 2008. "Financial Liberalisation and Political Variables: a response to Abiad and Mody," Discussion Papers in Economics 08/30, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Albert Breton & Heinrich Ursprung, 2002. "Globalisation, Competitive Governments, and Constitutional Choice in Europe," CESifo Working Paper Series 657, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ari-Matti Näätänen, 2015. "The Impact of Economic Globalization on the Employment Policies in 19 Western Democracies from 1985 to 2010. Limited Change or Radical Shift towards Workfare?," Social Sciences, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(3), pages 1-18, September.
- Burgoon, Brian & Demetriades, Panicos & Underhill, Geoffrey R.D., 2012.
"Sources and legitimacy of financial liberalization,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 147-161.
- Brian Burgoon & Panicos O. Demetriades & Geoffrey R.D. Underhill, 2011. "Sources and Legitimacy of Financial Liberalization," Discussion Papers in Economics 11/45, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Wibbels, Erik, 2006. "Dependency Revisited: International Markets, Business Cycles, and Social Spending in the Developing World," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 60(02), pages 433-468, April.
- Thomas Eichner & Andreas Wagener, 2004. "The Welfare State in a Changing Environment," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 11(3), pages 313-331, May.
- Kenneth Scheve & Matthew Slaughter, 2002. "Economic Insecurity and the Globalization of Production," NBER Working Papers 9339, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gaston, Noel & Rajaguru, Gulasekaran, 2013. "International migration and the welfare state revisited," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 90-101.
- repec:bla:ecopol:v:29:y:2017:i:2:p:133-156 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paolo Liberati & Antonio Sciala, 2011. "How economic integration affects the vertical structure of the public sector," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 385-402, December.
- Protte, Benjamin, 2012. "Does Fleet Street shape politics? Estimating the Effect of Newspaper Coverage about Globalization on the Support for Unemployment Insurance," Working Papers 12-19, University of Mannheim, Department of Economics.
- Obinger, Herbert & Starke, Peter, 2014. "Welfare state transformation: Convergence and the rise of the supply side model," TranState Working Papers 180, University of Bremen, Collaborative Research Center 597: Transformations of the State.
- Vincent Mahler & David Jesuit, 2004. "State Redistribution in Comparative Perspective: A Cross-National Analysis of the Developed Countries," LIS Working papers 392, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Castater Eric Graig, 2015. "Unionization and the partisan effect on income inequality," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 17(1), pages 1-40, April.
- Noel Gaston & Gulasekaran Rajaguru, 2004. "The Rise (and Fall) of Labour Market Programmes: The Role of Global and Domestic Factors," ISER Discussion Paper 0615, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- María Franco Chuaire & Carlos Scartascini & Mariano Tommasi, 2017.
"State capacity and the quality of policies. Revisiting the relationship between openness and government size,"
Economics and Politics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(2), pages 133-156, July.
- Mariano Tommasi & María Franco Chuaire & Carlos Scartascini, 2014. "State Capacity and the Quality of Policies. Revisiting the Relationship between Openness and Government Size," Working Papers 115, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia, revised Nov 2014.
- Ftergioti, Stamatia, 2017. "Neighbors and Friends: The Effect of Globalization on Party Positions," MPRA Paper 76662, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schaffer, Lena Maria & Spilker, Gabriele, 2013. "Adding Another Level: Individual Responses to Globalization and Government Welfare Policies," Papers 551, World Trade Institute.
- Sijeong Lim & Brian Burgoon, 2017. "Globalization and Support for Unemployment Spending in Asia," Working Papers hal-01670983, HAL.
- repec:bla:glopol:v:8:y:2017:i::p:29-41 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vadlamannati, Krishna Chaitanya & Kelly, Grace, 2017. "Welfare Chauvinism? Refugee Flows and Electoral Support for Populist-right Parties in Industrial Democracies," MPRA Paper 81816, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Italo Colantone & Piero Stanig, 2016. "Global Competition and Brexit," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1644, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Bellefeuille, Gerard, 2005. "The new politics of community-based governance requires a fundamental shift in the nature and character of the administrative bureaucracy," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 491-498, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:intorg:v:55:y:2001:i:03:p:509-551_44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_INO .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.