Autour Des Conflits A Dimension Environnement Ale. Evaluation Economique Et Coordination Dans Un Monde Complexe
Standard conditions of usage of public cost-benefit analysis are no longer met to-day in the field of infrastructure projects, for instance for transportation and other networks. When environmental conflicts are at stake, such a tool is no longer supporting both a decisionmaking process aiming at the general interest of society and decisions accepted by various parts of society. To elaborate assessment methods more appropriate to real conditions of decision- making and have them to bring support to coordination and conflict resolution, the building process and the output should respond to the general requirements of justification on the public arena. Methods should subsequently adapt to the existence of a handful of different justification orders in Western societies. Such orders quite often shock one another about environmental issues. All this urges a significant renewal of theoretical foundations and practices of assessment, with a special mention for revealed preferences theory, and an adaptation of the procedural conditions under which economic expertise is to be implemented, what has been achieved in other fields as food safety.
Volume (Year): (2004)
Issue (Month): 47 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.cahiersdecopo.fr/fr/|
|Order Information:|| Postal: 142 rue du faubourg Saint-Martin. 75010 Paris, France.|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean-Charles Hourcade & Emeric Fortin, 2000. "Impact economique des politiques climatiques : des controverses aux enjeux de coordination," Economie Internationale, CEPII research center, issue 82, pages 45-74.
- Driessen, Peter P. J. & Glasbergen, Pieter & Verdaas, Co, 2001. "Interactive policy-making - a model of management for public works," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 128(2), pages 322-337, January.
- Olivier Godard, 1990. "Environnement, modes de coordination et systèmes de légitimité : analyse de la catégorie de patrimoine naturel," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 41(2), pages 215-242.
- Olivier Barreteau, 2003. "The Joint Use of Role-Playing Games and Models Regarding Negotiation Processes: Characterization of Associations," Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 6(2), pages 3.
- Thierry Hommel & Olivier Godard, 2002. "Trajectoire de contestabilité sociale et production d'OGM à usage agricole," Économie rurale, Programme National Persée, vol. 270(1), pages 36-49.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132.
- Claude Henry, 1984. "La microéconomie comme langage et enjeu de négociations," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 35(1), pages 177-198.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpo:journl:y:2004:i:47:p:127-153. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlos Andrés Vasco Correa)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.