Usage de l'Internet et investissement en capital social
This paper aims to understand the impact of the Internet on social capital. Does the Internet usage influence the investments in social networks? First, we theoretically address this question with a micro-economic model of social capital. Second, thanks to Luxembourg data, we evaluate the determinants of the investments in social capital via the Internet. The results show a complementarity between the online investments and the offline investments (measured by the belonging to some associations or formal organizations), except for individuals who have had professional or personal mobility and who tend to intensively use the Internet to invest in social capital.
Volume (Year): 72 (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-recherches-economiques-de-louvain.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Edward L. Glaeser & David I. Laibson & José A. Scheinkman & Christine L. Soutter, 2000.
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 115(3), pages 811-846.
- Glaeser, Edward Ludwig & Laibson, David I. & Scheinkman, Jose A. & Soutter, Christine L., 2000. "Measuring Trust," Scholarly Articles 4481497, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Joel Sobel, 2002. "Can We Trust Social Capital?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 40(1), pages 139-154, March.
- Charles F. Manski, 2000. "Economic Analysis of Social Interactions," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 115-136, Summer.
- Charles F. Manski, 2000. "Economic Analysis of Social Interactions," NBER Working Papers 7580, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Goolsbee, Austan & Zittrain, Jonathan, 1999. "Evaluating the Costs and Benefits of Taxing Internet Commerce," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 52(3), pages 413-428, September.
- Goolsbee, Austan & Zittrain, Jonathan, 1999. "Evaluating the Costs and Benefits of Taxing Internet Commerce," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 52(n. 3), pages 413-28, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)