Beyond productivity strategies in services
Productivity in its relationships with services raises two issues: a definition and measurement issue, on the one hand, and an issue related to the productivity strategies implemented, on the other hand. This article addresses both issues, focusing more on the latter. Our goal is to account for the various productivity strategies implemented within services firms and to analyse their implications in terms of productivity definition and measurement. This analysis will allow us to discuss the role of the productivity concept and the relevance of the « productivity regime concept » in a post-fordist economy of services, quality and innovation.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Volume (Year): n° 5 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-journal-of-innovation-economics.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- François Stankiewicz, 2002. "Productivité ou "valorité" du salarié ? Contribution au débat sur le travail," Post-Print halshs-00196541, HAL.
- Faridah Djellal & Faïz Gallouj, 2008. "Measuring and Improving Productivity in Services," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12734.
- Jean Gadrey & Florence Jany-Catrice, 2005.
"Les nouveaux indicateurs de richesse,"
- Florence Jany-Catrice, 2006. "Les nouveaux indicateurs de richesse," Post-Print halshs-00282336, HAL.
- Faïz Gallouj, 1998. "Les trajectoires de l’innovation dans les services : vers un enrichissement des taxonomies évolutionnistes," Post-Print halshs-01114020, HAL.
- Faïz Gallouj, 1999. "Les trajectoires de l’innovation dans les services : vers un enrichissement des taxonomies évolutionnistes," Post-Print halshs-01114090, HAL.
- Sundbo, Jon, 1994. "Modulization of service production and a thesis of convergence between service and manufacturing organizations," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 245-266, September.
- Faridah Djellal & Camal Gallouj & Faïz Gallouj & Karim Gallouj, 2004. "L’hôpital innovateur : de l'innovation médicale à l'innovation de service," Post-Print hal-01111760, HAL.
- Faïz Gallouj, 1994. "Economie de l'innovation dans les services," Post-Print hal-01111989, HAL.
- Faridah Djellal & Faïz Gallouj, 2008. "Measuring and Improving Productivity in Services: Issues, Strategies and Challenges," Post-Print hal-01111758, HAL. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cai:jiedbu:jie_005_0089. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.