Weighted-LASSO for Structured Network Inference from Time Course Data
We present a weighted-LASSO method to infer the parameters of a first-order vector auto-regressive model that describes time course expression data generated by directed gene-to-gene regulation networks. These networks are assumed to own prior internal structures of connectivity which drive the inference method. This prior structure can be either derived from prior biological knowledge or inferred by the method itself. We illustrate the performance of this structure-based penalization both on synthetic data and on two canonical regulatory networks (the yeast cell cycle regulation network and the E. coli S.O.S. DNA repair network).
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 9 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://www.degruyter.com|
|Order Information:||Web: https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/sagmb|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hui Zou & Trevor Hastie, 2005. "Addendum: Regularization and variable selection via the elastic net," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 67(5), pages 768-768.
- Schäfer Juliane & Strimmer Korbinian, 2005. "A Shrinkage Approach to Large-Scale Covariance Matrix Estimation and Implications for Functional Genomics," Statistical Applications in Genetics and Molecular Biology, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-32, November.
- Hui Zou & Trevor Hastie, 2005. "Regularization and variable selection via the elastic net," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 67(2), pages 301-320.
- Ming Yuan & Yi Lin, 2007. "Model selection and estimation in the Gaussian graphical model," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 94(1), pages 19-35.
- Ming Yuan & Yi Lin, 2006. "Model selection and estimation in regression with grouped variables," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 68(1), pages 49-67.
- Wille Anja & Bühlmann Peter, 2006. "Low-Order Conditional Independence Graphs for Inferring Genetic Networks," Statistical Applications in Genetics and Molecular Biology, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-34, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:sagmbi:v:9:y:2010:i:1:n:15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.