Time In Purgatory: Examining the Grant Lag for U.S. Patent Applications
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Katkar Rama & Reiley David H, 2007.
"Public versus Secret Reserve Prices in eBay Auctions: Results from a Pokémon Field Experiment,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 5(2), pages 1-25, January.
- Rama Katkar & David Lucking-Reiley, 2000. "Public versus secret reserve prices in ebay auctions: Results from a pokemon field experiment," Natural Field Experiments 00285, The Field Experiments Website.
- Rama Katkar & David Lucking-Reiley, 2001. "Public Versus Secret Reserve Prices in eBay Auctions: Results from a Pokemon Field Experiment," NBER Working Papers 8183, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Doug Bryan & David Lucking-Reiley & Naghi Prasad & Daniel Reeves, 2000.
"Pennies from eBay: The Determinants of Price in Online Auctions,"
Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers
0003, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Doug Bryan & David Lucking-Reiley & Naghi Prasad & Daniel Reeves, 2000. "Pennies from eBay: the Determinants of Price in Online Auctions," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1736, Econometric Society.
- Rama Katkar & David Lucking-Reiley, 2000. "Public Versus Secret Reserve Prices in eBay Auctions: Results of Pokï¿½mon Field Experiment," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0026, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Popp, David & Santen, Nidhi & Fisher-Vanden, Karen & Webster, Mort, 2013. "Technology variation vs. R&D uncertainty: What matters most for energy patent success?," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 505-533.
- Corinne Langinier & Stephanie Lluis, 2015.
"Departure and Promotion of U.S. Patent Examiners: Do Patent Characteristics Matter?,"
1506, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2015.
- Langinier, Corinne & Lluis, Stéphanie, 2015. "Departure and Promotion of U.S. Patent Examiners: Do Patent Characteristics Matter?," Working Papers 2015-18, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Sungchul Choi & Hyunseok Park, 2016. "Investigation of Strategic Changes Using Patent Co-Inventor Network Analysis: The Case of Samsung Electronics," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(12), pages 1-13, December.
- Palangkaraya, Alfons & Jensen, Paul H. & Webster, Elizabeth, 2008. "Applicant behaviour in patent examination request lags," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 101(3), pages 243-245, December.
- Dietmar Harhoff & Stefan Wagner, 2009. "The Duration of Patent Examination at the European Patent Office," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(12), pages 1969-1984, December.
- Cotropia, Christopher A. & Lemley, Mark A. & Sampat, Bhaven, 2013. "Do applicant patent citations matter?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 844-854.
- McCann, Brian T. & Folta, Timothy B., 2011. "Performance differentials within geographic clusters," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 104-123, January.
- Josh Lerner & Julie Wulf, 2007.
"Innovation and Incentives: Evidence from Corporate R&D,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 89(4), pages 634-644, November.
- Josh Lerner & Julie Wulf, 2006. "Innovation and Incentives: Evidence from Corporate R&D," NBER Working Papers 11944, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Murray, Fiona & Stern, Scott, 2007. "Do formal intellectual property rights hinder the free flow of scientific knowledge?: An empirical test of the anti-commons hypothesis," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 63(4), pages 648-687, August.
- Koenen, Johannes & Peitz, Martin, 2015.
"Firm reputation and incentives to “milk” pending patents,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 18-29.
- Johannes Koenen & Martin Peitz, 2013. "Firm Reputation and Incentives to "Milk" Pending Patents," CESifo Working Paper Series 4355, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hohberger, Jan, 2016. "Diffusion of science-based inventions," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 66-77.
- John S. Landon-Lane & Catherine Y. Co & Myeong-Su Yun, 2006.
"Inter-state dynamics of invention activities, 1930-2000,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(8), pages 1111-1134.
- Catherine Co & John Landon-Lane & Myeong-Su Yun, 2005. "Inter-State Dynamics of Invention Activities, 1930-2000," Departmental Working Papers 200511, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Petra Moser & Paul W. Rhode, 2011. "Did Plant Patents Create the American Rose?," NBER Chapters,in: The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity Revisited, pages 413-438 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aditi Mehta & Marc Rysman & Tim Simcoe, 2006.
"Identifying the Age Profile of Patent Citations,"
Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
WP2006-022, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Aditi Mehta & Marc Rysman & Tim Simcoe, 2007. "Identifying the Age Profile of Patent Citations," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2007-021, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Hoenen, Sebastian & Kolympiris, Christos & Schoenmakers, Wilfred & Kalaitzandonakes, Nicholas, 2014. "The diminishing signaling value of patents between early rounds of venture capital financing," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(6), pages 956-989.
- Adams, Pamela & Fontana, Roberto & Malerba, Franco, 2013. "The magnitude of innovation by demand in a sectoral system: The role of industrial users in semiconductors," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 1-14.
- repec:eee:worbus:v:53:y:2018:i:2:p:164-176 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ryan L. Lampe & Petra Moser, 2012. "Do Patent Pools Encourage Innovation? Evidence from 20 U.S. Industries under the New Deal," NBER Working Papers 18316, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Juan Alcacer & Michelle Gittelman & Bhaven Sampat, 2008. "Applicant and Examiner Citations in US Patents: An Overview and Analysis," Harvard Business School Working Papers 09-016, Harvard Business School.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet A. & Nijkamp, Peter, 2008. "Is there a tradeoff between average patent pendency and examination errors?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 150-158.
- Nicolas van Zeebroeck, 2011.
"Long Live Patents: the Increasing Life Expectancy of Patent Applications and its Determinants,"
Review of Economics and Institutions,
Università di Perugia, vol. 2(3).
- Nicolas van Zeebroeck, 2011. "Long live patents: the increasing life expectancy of patent applications and its determinants," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/96255, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Alcácer, Juan & Gittelman, Michelle & Sampat, Bhaven, 2009. "Applicant and examiner citations in U.S. patents: An overview and analysis," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 415-427, March.
- Dietl, M & Skrok, ? & Benalcazar, P & G?tkowski, M & Rockett, K, 2017. "Pendency and Thickets," Economics Discussion Papers 19979, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Yang, Deli, 2008. "Pendency and grant ratios of invention patents: A comparative study of the US and China," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6-7), pages 1035-1046, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:bejeap:v:topics.4:y:2004:i:1:n:29. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.