What Do We Know About Cross-subsidization? Evidence from Merging Firms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Seru, Amit, 2014. "Firm boundaries matter: Evidence from conglomerates and R&D activity," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 111(2), pages 381-405.
- Chira, Inga & Volkov, Nikanor, 2017. "The choice of sale method and its consequences in mergers and acquisitions," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 170-184.
- Chen, Sheng-Syan & Chen, I-Ju, 2012. "Corporate governance and capital allocations of diversified firms," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 395-409.
- GAUTIER, Axel & HAMADI, Malika, 2004.
"Internal capital market efficiency of Belgian holding companies,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2004086, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Axel, GAUTIER & Malika, HAMADI, 2005. "Internal Capital Market Efficiency of Belgian Holding Companies," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2004037, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- GAUTIER, Axel & HAMADI, Malika, 2005. "Internal capital market efficiency of Belgian holding companies," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1842, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Agarwal, Sumit & Chiu, I-Ming & Souphom, Victor & Yamashiro, Guy M., 2011.
"The efficiency of internal capital markets: Evidence from the Annual Capital Expenditure Survey,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 162-172, May.
- Sumit Agarwal & Victor Souphom & Guy Yamashiro, 2008. "The Efficiency of Internal Capital Markets: Evidence from the Annual Capital Expenditure Survey," Working Papers 08-08, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Bakke, Tor-Erik & Gu, Tiantian, 2017. "Diversification and cash dynamics," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 123(3), pages 580-601.
- Choe, Chongwoo & Yin, Xiangkang, 2009. "Diversification discount, information rents, and internal capital markets," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 178-196, May.
- Glaser, Markus & Müller, Sebastian, 2006. "Der Diversification Discount in Deutschland: Existiert ein Bewertungsabschlag für diversifizierte Unternehmen?," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 06-13, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Yan, An & Yang, Zaihui & Jiao, Jie, 2010. "Conglomerate investment under various capital market conditions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 103-115, January.
- Ekaterina Emm & Jayant Kale, 2006. "Efficiency Implications of Corporate Diversification: Evidence from Micro Data," Working Papers 06-26, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- David, Guy & Lindrooth, Richard C. & Helmchen, Lorens A. & Burns, Lawton R., 2014. "Do hospitals cross-subsidize?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 198-218.
- Glaser, Markus & Müller, Sebastian, 2010. "Is the diversification discount caused by the book value bias of debt?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 2307-2317, October.
- Hornstein, Abigail S. & Nguyen, Zachary, 2014.
"Is more less? Propensity to diversify via M&A and market reactions,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 76-88.
- Abigail S. Hornstein & Zachary Nguyen, 2014. "Is More Less? Propensity to diversify via M&A and market reactions," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2014-002, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics.
- Wulf, Julie, 2009. "Influence and inefficiency in the internal capital market," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 305-321, October.
- Masson, Robert & Tookes, Heather & Um, Taejong, 2009. "Firm diversification and equilibrium risk pooling: The Korean financial crisis as a natural experiment," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 1-22, March.
- Yan-Jie Yang & Jungpao Kang & Ruey-Ching Lin & Joshua Ronen, 2016. "Auditor selection within a business group: evidence from Taiwan," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 195-215, February.
- Ekkayokkaya, Manapol & Paudyal, Krishna, 2015. "A trade-off in corporate diversification," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 275-292.
- Stefan Erdorf & Thomas Hartmann-Wendels & Nicolas Heinrichs & Michael Matz, 2013. "Corporate diversification and firm value: a survey of recent literature," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 27(2), pages 187-215, June.
- Glaser, Markus & Müller, Sebastian, 2006. "Der Diversification Discount in Deutschland : existiert ein Bewertungsabschlag für diversifizierte Unternehmen?," Papers 06-13, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:bejeap:v:advances.4:y:2004:i:1:n:3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.