The Economy Of Northern Ireland
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stefan Szymanski & Stephanie Leach, 2006. "Tilting the Playing Field (Why a sports league planner would choose less, not more, competitive balance): The case of English Football," Working Papers 0619, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- David Forrest & Rob Simmons & Stefan Szymanski, 2004. "Broadcasting, Attendance and the Inefficiency of Cartels," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 24(3), pages 243-265, May.
- Baimbridge, Mark & Cameron, Samuel & Dawson, Peter, 1996. "Satellite Television and the Demand for Football: A Whole New Ball Game?," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 43(3), pages 317-333, August.
- Randall W. Bennett & John L. Fizel, 1995. "Telecast Deregulation and Competitive Balance," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(2), pages 183-199, April.
- Alessandra Tonazzi, 2003. "Competition policy and the commercialization of sport broadcasting rights: The decision of the Italian Competition Authority," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 17-34.
- Bernd Frick & Joachim Prinz, 2006. "Crisis? What Crisis? Football in Germany," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 7(1), pages 60-75, February.
- Guido Ascari & Philippe Gagnepain, 2006. "Spanish Football," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 7(1), pages 76-89, February.
- David Forrest & Robert Simmons & Babatunde Buraimo, 2005. "Outcome Uncertainty And The Couch Potato Audience," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 52(4), pages 641-661, September.
- Sloane, Peter J, 1971. "The Economics of Professional Football: The Football Club as a Utility Maximiser," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, pages 121-146.
- Jean-Jacques Gouguet & Didier Primault, 2006. "The French Exception," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 7(1), pages 47-59, February.
- Stephen Allan, 2004. "Satellite television and football attendance: the not so super effect," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 123-125.
- David Paton & Andrew Cooke, 2005. "Attendance at County Cricket," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 6(1), pages 24-45, February.
- Cave, Martin & Crandall, Robert W, 2001. "Sports Rights and the Broadcast Industry," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(469), pages 4-26, February.
- Fort, Rodney, 2000. "European and North American Sports Differences(?)," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 47(4), pages 431-455, September.
- Peter O. Steiner, 1952. "Program Patterns and Preferences, and the Workability of Competition in Radio Broadcasting," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(2), pages 194-223.
- Cowie, Campbell & Williams, Mark, 1997. "The economics of sports rights," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, pages 619-634.
- Mark Baimbridge & Samuel Cameron & Peter Dawson, 1995. "Satellite broadcasting and match attendance: the case of rugby league," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(10), pages 343-346.
- Jaume GarcÃa & PlÃ¡cido RodrÃguez, 2002. "The Determinants of Football Match Attendance Revisited," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 3(1), pages 18-38, February.
- Bernd Frick, 2006. "Football in Germany," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Sport, chapter 52 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Alessandro Baroncelli & Umberto Lago, 2006. "Italian Football," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 7(1), pages 13-28, February.
- Thomas Hoehn & Stefan Szymanski, 1999. "The Americanization of European football," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 14(28), pages 203-240, April.
- Stephen Morrow, 2006. "Scottish Football," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 7(1), pages 90-95, February.
- Richard Wurff, 2005. "Competition, Concentration and Diversity in European Television Markets," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, pages 249-275.
- Carlos Pestana Barros, 2006. "Portuguese Football," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 7(1), pages 96-104, February.
- Anthony Boardman & Shaun Hargreaves-Heap, 1999. "Network Externalities and Government Restrictions on Satellite Broadcasting of Key Sporting Events," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, pages 165-179.
- Michael Spence & Bruce Owen, 1977. "Television Programming, Monopolistic Competition, and Welfare," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 91(1), pages 103-126.
- Hausman, Jerry A & Leonard, Gregory K, 1997. "Superstars in the National Basketball Association: Economic Value and Policy," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(4), pages 586-624, October.
- Tom Hoehn, 2003. "Broadcasting and Sport," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 552-568, Winter.
- Trudo Dejonghe & Hans Vandeweghe, 2006. "Belgian Football," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 7(1), pages 105-113, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:scotjp:v:5:y:1958:i:3:p:236-248. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sesssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.