Foreign Direct Investment and Managerial Knowledge Spillovers through the Diffusion of Management Practices
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wilbur Chung & Juan Alcácer, 2002. "Knowledge Seeking and Location Choice of Foreign Direct Investment in the United States," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 1534-1554.
- Baden-Fuller, Charles & Targett, David & Hunt, Brian, 2000. "Outsourcing to outmanoeuvre:: Outsourcing re-defines competitive strategy and structure," European Management Journal, Elsevier, pages 285-295.
- Paul E. Bierly & Fariborz Damanpour & Michael D. Santoro, 2009. "The Application of External Knowledge: Organizational Conditions for Exploration and Exploitation," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, pages 481-509.
- Arie Y Lewin & Silvia Massini & Carine Peeters, 2009. "Why are companies offshoring innovation? The emerging global race for talent," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, pages 901-925.
- Ricardo G Flores & Ruth V Aguilera, 2007. "Globalization and location choice: an analysis of US multinational firms in 1980 and 2000," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, pages 1187-1210.
- Arie Lewin & Silvia Massini & Carine Peeters, 2008.
"Why are companies offshoring innovation ?the emerging global race for talent,"
Working Papers CEB
08-009, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Arie Lewin & Silvia Massini & Carine Peeters, 2009. "Why are companies offshoring innovation ?The emerging global race for talent," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9073, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- David L. Levy, 2005. "Offshoring in the New Global Political Economy," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, pages 685-693.
- Mehmet Demirbag & Keith W. Glaister, 2010. "Factors Determining Offshore Location Choice for R&D Projects: A Comparative Study of Developed and Emerging Regions," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, pages 1534-1560.
- Smith, Adam, 1776. "An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number smith1776.
- Margherita Balconi & Andrea Pozzali & Riccardo Viale, 2007. "The “codification debate” revisited: a conceptual framework to analyze the role of tacit knowledge in economics," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, pages 823-849.
- Christoph Grimpe & Ulrich Kaiser, 2010. "Balancing Internal and External Knowledge Acquisition: The Gains and Pains from R&D Outsourcing," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, pages 1483-1509.
- Joskow, Paul L. & Rose, Nancy L., 1989. "The effects of economic regulation," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 25, pages 1449-1506 Elsevier.
- Hart, Oliver D, 1988. "Incomplete Contracts and the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, pages 119-139.
- Jane Korinek & Patricia Sourdin, 2010.
"Clarifying Trade Costs: Maritime Transport and Its Effect on Agricultural Trade,"
Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, pages 417-435.
- Jane Korinek & Patricia Sourdin, 2010. "Clarifying Trade Costs: Maritime Transport and Its Effect on Agricultural Trade," Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, pages 417-435.
- Dossani, Rafiq & Kenney, Martin, 2007. "The Next Wave of Globalization: Relocating Service Provision to India," World Development, Elsevier, pages 772-791.
- Arie Y Lewin & Silvia Massini & Carine Peeters, 2009. "Why are companies offshoring innovation? The emerging global race for talent," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, pages 1406-1406.
- Rachelle C. Sampson, 2004. "Organizational choice in R&D alliances: Knowledge-based and transaction cost perspectives," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(6-7), pages 421-436.
- Ram Mudambi & Markus Venzin, 2010. "The Strategic Nexus of Offshoring and Outsourcing Decisions," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, pages 1510-1533.
- Dieter Ernst & Linsu Kim, 2002. "Global Production Networks, Information Technology and Knowledge Diffusion," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 147-153.
- Contractor, F. J. & Lorange, P., 2002. "The growth of alliances in the knowledge-based economy," International Business Review, Elsevier, pages 485-502.
- Ernst, Dieter & Kim, Linsu, 2002. "Global production networks, knowledge diffusion, and local capability formation," Research Policy, Elsevier, pages 1417-1429.
- Timothy Sturgeon & Johannes Van Biesebroeck & Gary Gereffi, 2008. "Value chains, networks and clusters: reframing the global automotive industry," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(3), pages 297-321, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Li, Jian & Strange, Roger & Ning, Lutao & Sutherland, Dylan, 2016. "Outward foreign direct investment and domestic innovation performance: Evidence from China," International Business Review, Elsevier, pages 1010-1019.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:9:p:1574-:d:110915 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zámborský Peter & Jacobs Elena J., 2016.
"Reverse Productivity Spillovers in the OECD: The Contrasting Roles of R&D and Capital,"
Global Economy Journal,
De Gruyter, pages 113-133.
- Türkcan, Kemal & Avşar, Veysel, 2015. "Investigating the Role of Contract Enforcement and Financial Costs on the Payment Choice: Industry-Level Evidence from Turkey," MPRA Paper 64680, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Claudiu Tiberiu Albulescu & Matei Tămăşilă, 2016. "Exploring the role of FDI in enhancing the entrepreneurial activity in Europe: a panel data analysis," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 629-657, September.
- Matthieu Crozet & Emmanuel Milet, 2015. "Should everybody be in services? The effect of servitization on manufacturing firm performance," Working Papers 2015-19, CEPII research center.
- Sara Amoroso & Bettina Mueller, 2017. "The short-run effects of Knowledge intensive greenfield FDI on new domestic entry," JRC Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2017-02, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- repec:eee:aosoci:v:61:y:2017:i:c:p:22-35 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:102:y:2018:i:c:p:111-123 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jan Stejskal & Abdelwalid Rouag, 2015. "Knowledge spillovers from foreign direct invesments ? Czech case study," ERSA conference papers ersa15p946, European Regional Science Association.
- Carrère, Céline & Grujovic, Anja & Robert-Nicoud, Frédéric, 2015.
"Trade and frictional unemployment in the global economy,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
66490, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Matthieu Crozet & Emmanuel Milet, 2015. "Should everybody be in services? The effect of servitization on manufacturing firm performance," Research Papers by the Institute of Economics and Econometrics, Geneva School of Economics and Management, University of Geneva 15102, Institut d'Economie et Econométrie, Université de Genève.
- Céline Carrère & Anja Grujovic & Frédéric Robert-Nicoud, 2015. "Trade and Frictional Unemployment in the Global Economy," SERC Discussion Papers 0189, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Robert-Nicoud, Frédéric & Carrere, Céline & Grujovic, Anja, 2015. "Trade and frictional unemployment in the global economy," Working Papers unige:77631, University of Geneva, Geneva School of Economics and Management.
- Carrère, Céline & Grujovic, Anja & Robert-Nicoud, Frédéric, 2015. "Trade and frictional unemployment in the global economy," CEPR Discussion Papers 10692, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kim, Phillip H. & Li, Mingxiang, 2014. "Injecting demand through spillovers: Foreign direct investment, domestic socio-political conditions, and host-country entrepreneurial activity," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, pages 210-231.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jomstd:v:49:y:2012:i:5:p:970-999. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2380 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.