'We Recruit Attitude': The Selection and Shaping of Routine Call Centre Labour
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bhaskar Vira & Al James, 2012. "Building Cross-Sector Careers in India's New Service Economy? Tracking Former Call Centre Agents in the National Capital Region," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 43(2), pages 449-479, March.
- Sharda, Kirti, 2011. "Back to the Drawing Board: Exploring Gestalts of Work Design in BPO Firms," IIMA Working Papers WP2011-02-04, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Shameem Shagirbasha, 2015. "Does mode of interaction impact emotional labour? A mixed method study among service employees in India," Asian Journal of Empirical Research, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 5(11), pages 196-205, November.
- Sharon C. Bolton & Maeve Houlihan, 2009. "Beyond the control-resistance debate: A fresh look at experiences of work in the new economy," Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 6(1/2), pages 5-13, March.
- Antunes, Davi, 2012.
"Transformações Recentes da Economia Capitalista: Impactos sobre o Mundo do Trabalho nos EUA
[Recent Changes in the US Labor Market]," MPRA Paper 81558, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2012.
- repec:spr:infosf:v:20:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s10796-017-9806-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephen J. Deery & Roderick D. Iverson & Janet T. Walsh, 2010. "Coping Strategies in Call Centres: Work Intensity and the Role of Co-workers and Supervisors," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 48(1), pages 181-200, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jomstd:v:39:y:2002:i:2:p:233-254. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2380 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.