What Corporate Boards have to do with Strategy: A Cognitive Perspective
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 36 (1999)
Issue (Month): 7 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2380|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=00022-2380|
- Peter Wirtz, 2009. "Do high-growth entrepreneurial firms have a specific system of governance?," Working Papers CREGO 1090302, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- Du, Yan & Deloof, Marc & Jorissen, Ann, 2015. "The Roles of Subsidiary Boards in Multinational Enterprises," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 169-181.
- Pieter-Jan Bezemer & Stefan Peij & Gregory Maassen & Han Halder, 2012. "The changing role of the supervisory board chairman: the case of the Netherlands (1997–2007)," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 16(1), pages 37-55, February.
- Rebeca García-Ramos & Belén Díaz-Díaz & Myriam García-Olalla, 2017. "Independent directors, large shareholders and firm performance: the generational stage of family businesses and the socioemotional wealth approach," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 119-156, January.
- Niamh M. Brennan & Collette E. Kirwan & John Redmond, 2016.
"Accountability processes in boardrooms: A conceptual model of manager-non-executive director information asymmetry,"
Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 29(1), pages 135-164, January.
- Niamh Brennan & Collette E. Kirwan & John Redmond, 2016. "Accountability Processes in Boardrooms: A Conceptual Model of Manager-Non-Executive Director Information Asymmetry," Open Access publications 10197/7652, Research Repository, University College Dublin.
- Wirtz, Peter, 2011. "The cognitive dimension of corporate governance in fast growing entrepreneurial firms," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 431-447.
- Peter Wirtz, 2011. "The cognitive dimension of corporate governance in fast growing entrepreneurial firms," Post-Print halshs-00642749, HAL.
- Niamh Brennan, 2010. "A review of corporate governance research : an Irish perspective," Open Access publications 10197/2962, Research Repository, University College Dublin.
- Emma García-Meca & Juan Sánchez-Ballesta, 2014. "Politicization, banking experience and risk in savings banks," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 535-553, December.
- Afzalur Rashid, 2013. "CEO duality and agency cost: evidence from Bangladesh," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 17(4), pages 989-1008, November.
- Mouna Mrad & Slaheddine Hallara, 2014. "The Relationship Between the Board of Directors and the Performance/Value Creation in a Context of Privatization: The Case of French Companies," Public Organization Review, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 83-108, March.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00642737 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kathyayini Rao & Carol Tilt, 2016. "Board Composition and Corporate Social Responsibility: The Role of Diversity, Gender, Strategy and Decision Making," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 138(2), pages 327-347, October.
- Évelyne Rouby, 2008. "Le lien composition/rôles du conseil d’administration:une analyse en termes de capital social," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 11(2), pages 29-50, June.
- Li, Yong & Aguilera, Ruth V., 2008. "Target Director Turnover in Acquisitions: A Conceptual Framework," Working Papers 08-0106, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Odile Paulus & Christophe Lejeune, 2013. "What do board members in art organizations do? A grounded theory approach," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 17(4), pages 963-988, November.
- Lee, Ji-Hwan & Roberts, Michael J.D., 2015. "International returnees as outside directors: A catalyst for strategic adaptation under institutional pressure," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 594-604.
- Winfried Ruigrok & Simon Peck & Sabina Tacheva & Peder Greve & Yan Hu, 2006. "The Determinants and Effects of Board Nomination Committees," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 10(2), pages 119-148, May.
- BORDEAN Ovidiu-Niculae & CRIȘAN Emil Lucian & POP Zenovia Cristiana, 2012. "A Multi-Theory Approach Of The Strategic Role Of Boards," Studies in Business and Economics, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 7(2), pages 43-51, August.
- Kallifatides, Markus & Petrelius Karlberg, Pernilla, 2012. "What makes for a value-creating corporate board? A literature synthesis and suggestions for research," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Business Administration 2012:1, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 25 Jun 2013.
- Natalia Garcia-Carbonell & Fernando Martin-Alcazar & Gonzalo Sanchez-Gardey, 2014. "Understanding the HRM-Performance Link: A Literature Review on the HRM Strategy Formulation Process," International Journal of Business Administration, International Journal of Business Administration, Sciedu Press, vol. 5(2), pages 71-81, March.
- William Stevenson & Robert Radin, 2015. "The minds of the board of directors: the effects of formal position and informal networks among board members on influence and decision making," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 19(2), pages 421-460, May.
- Emma García-Meca, 2016. "Political connections, gender diversity and compensation policy," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 553-576, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jomstd:v:36:y:1999:i:7:p:953-975. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed