The Transition from Strategic Technology Alliances to Mergers and Acquisitions: An Exploratory Study
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Anne Tempel & Peter Walgenbach, 2007. "Global Standardization of Organizational Forms and Management Practices? What New Institutionalism and the Business-Systems Approach Can Learn from Each Other," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, pages 1-24.
- Christine Barry, 1998. "Choosing Qualitative Data Analysis Software: Atlas/ti and Nudist Compared," Sociological Research Online, Sociological Research Online, pages 1-4.
- Ouchi, William, 1981. "Theory Z: How American business can meet the Japanese challenge," Business Horizons, Elsevier, pages 82-83.
- Hyunghae Byun & Sierk Ybema, 2005. "Japanese Business in the Dutch Polder: The Experience of Cultural Differences in Asymmetric Power Relations," Asia Pacific Business Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 535-552.
- Fetters, Michael D., 1995. "Nemawashi essential for conducting research in Japan," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 375-381.
- Harris, Simon, 2000. "Reconciling positive and interpretative international management research: a native category approach," International Business Review, Elsevier, pages 755-770.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cruijssen, F.C.A.M., 2006. "Horizontal cooperation in transport and logistics," Other publications TiSEM ab6dbe68-aebc-4b03-8eea-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Reuer, Jeffrey J. & Ragozzino, Roberto, 2008. "Adverse selection and M&A design: The roles of alliances and IPOs," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, pages 195-212.
- Sadowski, Bert & Nomaler, Onder & Whalley, Jason, 2016. "Technological Diversification of ICT companies into the Internet of things (IoT): A Patent -based Analysis," 27th European Regional ITS Conference, Cambridge (UK) 2016 148701, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Robson, Matthew J. & Paparoidamis, Nicholas & Ginoglu, Dimitrios, 2003. "Top management staffing in international strategic alliances: a conceptual explanation of decision perspective and objective formation," International Business Review, Elsevier, pages 173-191.
- Cloodt, Myriam & Hagedoorn, John & Van Kranenburg, Hans, 2006. "Mergers and acquisitions: Their effect on the innovative performance of companies in high-tech industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, pages 642-654.
- Pierre-Alexandre Balland & Ron Boschma & Koen Frenken, 2015. "Proximity and Innovation: From Statics to Dynamics," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 907-920.
- Bérard, Céline & Perez, Marie, 2014. "Alliance dynamics through real options: The case of an alliance between competing pharmaceutical companies," European Management Journal, Elsevier, pages 337-349.
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:120:y:2017:i:c:p:334-346 is not listed on IDEAS
- John Hagedoorn & Myriam Cloodt, 2012. "Mergers and Acquisitions and Firm Performance," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics and Theory of the Firm, chapter 28 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Vanhaverbeke, Wim & Li, Ying & Van de Vrande, Vareska, 2009. "The dual role of external corporate venturing in technological exploration," MPRA Paper 26488, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2010.
- Reuer, Jeffrey J. & Zollo, Maurizio, 2005. "Termination outcomes of research alliances," Research Policy, Elsevier, pages 101-115.
- Li, Peter Ping, 2010. "Toward a learning-based view of internationalization: The accelerated trajectories of cross-border learning for latecomers," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, pages 43-59.
- Duysters, Geert & Vanhaverbeke, Wim & Vrande, Vareska van de, 2007.
"External technology sourcing: The effect of uncertainty on governance mode choice,"
MERIT Working Papers
019, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Andy Hall, 2015. "Public Private Sector Partnerships in an Agricultural System of Innovation: Concepts and Challenges," Working Papers id:6481, eSocialSciences.
- van de Vrande, Vareska & Vanhaverbeke, Wim & Duysters, Geert, 2009. "External technology sourcing: The effect of uncertainty on governance mode choice," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, pages 62-80.
- Delerue, Hélène & Simon, Eric, 2009. "National cultural values and the perceived relational risks in biotechnology alliance relationships," International Business Review, Elsevier, pages 14-25.
- repec:spr:manint:v:47:y:2007:i:4:d:10.1007_s11575-007-0028-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Sarianna Lundan & John Hagedoorn, 2001. "Alliances, Acquisitions and Multinational Advantage," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 229-242.
- Woltering-Lamers, Philipp, 2011. "Die sequenzielle Organisationswahl: Kooperationen als Vorstufe von Akquisitionen," Arbeitspapiere 122, University of Münster, Institute for Cooperatives.
- Pierre-Alexandre Balland & Ron Boschma & Koen Frenken, 2015.
"Proximity and Innovation: From Statics to Dynamics,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 907-920.
- Pierre-Alexandre Balland & Ron Boschma & Koen Frenken, 2013. "Proximity and Innovation: From Statics to Dynamics," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1314, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Aug 2013.
- Khansa, Lara, 2015. "M&As and market value creation in the information security industry," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, pages 113-134.
- Roijakkers, Nadine & Hagedoorn, John & van Kranenburg, Hans, 2005. "Dual market structures and the likelihood of repeated ties - evidence from pharmaceutical biotechnology," Research Policy, Elsevier, pages 235-245.
- Piaskowska, D., 2005. "Essays on firm growth and value creation," Other publications TiSEM 89053610-79c6-4c52-9d1c-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jomstd:v:36:y:1999:i:1:p:87-107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2380 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.