Increasing Returns and Externalities in UK Manufacturing: Myth or Reality?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pindyck, Robert S, 1993. "A Note on Competitive Investment under Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(1), pages 273-277, March.
- Robert S. Pindyck & Andrés Solimano, 1993.
"Economic Instability and Aggregate Investment,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1993, Volume 8, pages 259-318
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert S. Pindyck & Andres Solimano, 1993. "Economic Instability and Aggregate Investment," NBER Working Papers 4380, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pindyck, Robert S. & Solimano, Andres, 1993. "Economic instability and aggregate investment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1148, The World Bank.
- Pindyck, Robert S. & Solimano, Andrés., 1993. "Economic instability and aggregate investment," Working papers 3552-93., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Leahy, John V & Whited, Toni M, 1996.
"The Effect of Uncertainty on Investment: Some Stylized Facts,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(1), pages 64-83, February.
- John V. Leahy & Toni M. Whited, 1995. "The Effect of Uncertainty on Investment: Some Stylized Facts," NBER Working Papers 4986, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven M. Fazzari & R. Glenn Hubbard & Bruce C. Petersen, 1988. "Financing Constraints and Corporate Investment," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 19(1), pages 141-206.
- Pindyck, Robert S, 1991.
"Irreversibility, Uncertainty, and Investment,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 29(3), pages 1110-1148, September.
- Pindyck, Robert, 1989. "Irreversibility, uncertainty, and investment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 294, The World Bank.
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1990. "Irreversibility, uncertainty, and investment," Working papers 3137-90., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 1990. "Irreversibility, Uncertainty, and Investment," NBER Working Papers 3307, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hartman, Richard, 1972. "The effects of price and cost uncertainty on investment," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 258-266, October.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F., 1989. "Empirical studies of industries with market power," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 17, pages 1011-1057 Elsevier.
- Kessides, Ioannis N, 1990. "Market Concentration, Contestability, and Sunk Costs," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(4), pages 614-622, November.
- Ghosal, Vivek, 1995. "Input Choices under Price Uncertainty," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 33(1), pages 142-158, January.
- Abel, Andrew B, 1983. "Optimal Investment under Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(1), pages 228-233, March.
- Domowitz, Ian & Hubbard, R Glenn & Petersen, Bruce C, 1987. "Oligopoly Supergames: Some Empirical Evidence on Prices and Margins," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 379-398, June.
- R. Glenn Hubbard, 1994. "Investment under Uncertainty: Keeping One's Options Open," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1816-1831, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Driver, Ciaran & Temple, Paul & Urga, Giovanni, 2006.
"Identifying externalities in UK manufacturing using direct estimation of an average cost function,"
Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 228-233, August.
- Ciaran Driver & Paul Temple & Giovanni Urga, 2005. "Identifying Externalities in UK Manufacturing Using Direct Estimation of an Average Cost Function," School of Economics Discussion Papers 1005, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Ioannis Bournakis & Dimitris Christopoulos & Sushanta Mallick, 2015.
"Knowledge Spillovers, absorptive capacity and growth: An Industry-level Analysis for OECD Countries,"
57, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
- Ioannis Bournakis & Dimitris Christopoulos & Sushanta Mallick, 2015. "Knowlegde Spillovers, absorptive capacity and growth: An industry-level Analysis for OECD countries," FIW Working Paper series 147, FIW.
- Bournakis, Ioannis & Christopoulos, Dimitris & Mallick, Sushanta, 2015. "Knowledge Spillovers, Absorptive Capacity and Growth: An Industry-level Analysis for OECD Countries," MPRA Paper 63542, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nigel Driffield & Max Munday & Annette Roberts, 2002. "Foreign Direct Investment, Transactions Linkages, and the Performance of the Domestic Sector," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 335-351.
- Girma, Sourafel & Görg, Holger, 2002.
"Foreign Ownership, Returns to Scale and Productivity: Evidence from UK Manufacturing Establishments,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3503, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Girma, Sourafel & Holger Gorg, 2003. "Foreign ownership, returns to scale and productivity: Evidence from UK manufacturing establishments," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 87, Royal Economic Society.
- Lindström, Tomas, 1999. "External Economies at the Firm Level: Evidence from Swedish Manufacturing," Working Paper Series 89, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Andreas Pfingsten & Reiner Wolff, 2009. "Factor Supply Changes in Small Open Economies: Rybczynski Derivatives under Increasing Marginal Costs," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 22(1), pages 9-20, Spring.
- Pemberton, James, 1999. "Social Security: National Policies with International Implications," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(457), pages 492-508, July.
- Diewert, W. Erwin & Fox, Kevin J., 2017. "Decomposing productivity indexes into explanatory factors," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 256(1), pages 275-291.
- Salvador Barrios & Eric Strobl, 2002. "Foreign direct investment and productivity spillovers: Evidence from the Spanish experience," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 138(3), pages 459-481, September.
- Biewen, Martin & Weiser, Constantin, 2011. "A New Approach to Testing Marginal Productivity Theory," IZA Discussion Papers 6113, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Francesco Venturini & Ana Rincon-Aznar & Dr Michela Vecchi, 2013. "ICT as a general purpose technology: spillovers, absorptive capacity and productivity performance," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 416, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Gavin Cameron & James Proudman & Stephen Redding, 1997. "Deconstructing Growth in UK Manufacturing," Bank of England working papers 73, Bank of England.
- P. Hart, 2000. "Theories of Firms' Growth and the Generation of Jobs," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 17(3), pages 229-248, November.
- Ana Rincon & Michela VECCHI & Francesco VENTURINI, 2012. "ICT spillovers, absorptive capacity and productivity performance," Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica 103/2012, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia.
- Yao, Shujie & Wang, Pan & Zhang, Jing & Ou, Jinghua, 2016. "Dynamic relationship between China's inward and outward foreign direct investments," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 54-70.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jindec:v:44:y:1996:i:1:p:99-113. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-1821 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.