Did J. P. Morgan's Men Add Liquidity? Corporate Investment, Cash Flow, and Financial Structure at the Turn of the Twentieth Century
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fohlin, Caroline, 1998.
"Fiduciariand Firm Liquidity Constraints: The Italian Experience with German-Style Universal Banking,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 83-107, January.
- Fohlin, Caroline, 1996. "Fiduciari and Firm Liquidity Constraints: The Italian Experience with German-Style Universal Banking," Working Papers 948, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1997.
" A Survey of Corporate Governance,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 52(2), pages 737-783, June.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1995. "A Survey of Corporate Governance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1741, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "A Survey of Corporate Governance," NBER Working Papers 5554, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Perotti, Enrico C. & Gelfer, Stanislav, 2001. "Red barons or robber barons? Governance and investment in Russian financial-industrial groups," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(9), pages 1601-1617, October.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Stephen H. Haber, 2014. "Interest Groups and the Glass-Steagall Act," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 11(4), pages 14-18, 01.
- Carola Frydman & Eric Hilt, 2014. "Investment Banks as Corporate Monitors in the Early 20th Century United States," NBER Working Papers 20544, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grossman, Richard S. & Imai, Masami, 2016.
"Taking the lord's name in vain: The impact of connected directors on 19th century British banks,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 75-93.
- Masami Imai & Richard S. Grossman, 2014. "Taking the Lord's Name in Vain: The Impact of Connected Directors on 19th century British Banks," Working Papers e86, Tokyo Center for Economic Research.
- Grossman, Richard & Imai, Masami, 2015. "Taking the Lord's Name in Vain: The Impact of Connected Directors on 19th century British Banks," CEPR Discussion Papers 10367, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard S. Grossman & Masami Imai, 2014. "Taking the Lord's Name in Vain: The Impact of Connected Directors on 19th Century British Banks," CESifo Working Paper Series 5129, CESifo Group Munich.
- Richard S.Grossman & Masami Imai, 2014. "Taking the Lord’s Name in Vain: The Impact of Connected Directors on 19th century British Banks," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2014-004, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics.
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:11:y:2014:i:4:p:19105950 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eugene Kandel & Konstantin Kosenko & Randall Morck & Yishay Yafeh, 2013. "The Great Pyramids of America: A Revised History of US Business Groups, Corporate Ownership and Regulation, 1930-1950," NBER Working Papers 19691, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bricker, Robert & Chandar, Nandini, 2000. "Where Berle and Means went wrong: a reassessment of capital market agency and financial reporting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 529-554, August.
- Jaleel Ahmed & Jaweria Khalid, 2016. "Determinants of Bank Loan Availability: Evidence From Pakistani Non-Financial Firms," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 18(59), pages 61-72, March.
- Shen, Chung-Hua & Wang, Chien-An, 2005. "Does bank relationship matter for a firm's investment and financial constraints? The case of Taiwan," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 163-184, March.
- Ayub Mehar, 2005. "Impacts of equity financing on liquidity position of a firm," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(6), pages 425-438.
- Burak Güner, A. & Malmendier, Ulrike & Tate, Geoffrey, 2008. "Financial expertise of directors," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 323-354, May.
- VAN OVERFELT, Wouter & ANNAERT, Jan & DE CEUSTER, Marc & DELOOF, Marc, 2007. "Do universal banks create value? Universal bank affiliation and company performance in Belgium, 1905-1909," Working Papers 2007001, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Deloof, Marc & Vermoesen, Veronique, 2016. "The value of corporate boards during the Great Depression in Belgium," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 108-123.
- Efraim Benmelech & Nittai K. Bergman & Amit Seru, 2011. "Financing Labor," NBER Working Papers 17144, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Egerer, Roland, 1995. "Capital markets, financial intermediaries, and corporate governance : an empirical assessment of the top ten voucher funds in the Czech Republic," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1555, The World Bank.
- Miguel A. Ferreira & Pedro Matos, 2012.
"Universal Banks and Corporate Control: Evidence from the Global Syndicated Loan Market,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 25(9), pages 2703-2744.
- Ferreira, Miguel A. & Matos, Pedro, 2009. "Universal banks and corporate control: evidence from the global syndicated loan market," Working Paper Series 1066, European Central Bank.
- Félix López-Iturriaga & Juan Rodríguez-Sanz, 2001. "Ownership Structure, Corporate Value and Firm Investment: A Simultaneous Equations Analysis of Spanish Companies," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 5(2), pages 179-204, June.
- Christophe Volonté & Pascal Gantenbein, 2016. "Directors’ human capital, firm strategy, and firm performance," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 20(1), pages 115-145, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:50:y:1995:i:2:p:661-78. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.