Some stability results for Markovian economic semigroups
The paper studies existence, uniqueness and stability of stationary equilibrium distributions in a class of stochastic dynamic models common to economic analysis. The stability conditions provided are suitable for treating multi-sector models and nonlinear time series models with unbounded state.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 1 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1742-7355|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=1742-7355|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Donaldson, John B. & Mehra, Rajnish, 1983. "Stochastic growth with correlated production shocks," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 282-312, April.
- Hopenhayn, Hugo A & Prescott, Edward C, 1992. "Stochastic Monotonicity and Stationary Distributions for Dynamic Economies," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(6), pages 1387-1406, November.
- Tapan Mitra & Santanu Roy, 2006.
"Optimal exploitation of renewable resources under uncertainty and the extinction of species,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 28(1), pages 1-23, 05.
- Mitra, Tapan & Roy, Santanu, 2003. "Optimal Exploitation of Renewable Resources under Uncertainty and the Extinction of Species," Working Papers 03-10, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Farmer, Roger E.A. & Woodford, Michael, 1997. "Self-Fulfilling Prophecies And The Business Cycle," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(04), pages 740-769, December.
- Stachurski, John, 2002. "Stochastic Optimal Growth with Unbounded Shock," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 40-65, September.
- Stachurski, J., 2001. "Stochastic Optimal Growth with Unbounded Shock," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 777, The University of Melbourne.
- Lisa Morhaim & Charles-Henri Dimaria & Cuong Le Van, 2002. "The discrete time version of the Romer model," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 20(1), pages 133-158.
- Le Van, C. & Morhaim, L. & Dimaria, C.-H., 2000. "The Discrete Time Version of the Romer Model," Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications 2000.63, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Mehmet Caner & Bruce E. Hansen, 2001. "Threshold Autoregression with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(6), pages 1555-1596, November.
- Bruce E. Hansen & Mehmet Caner, 1997. "Threshold Autoregressions with a Unit Root," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 381, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Razin, Assaf & Yahav, Joseph A, 1979. "On Stochastic Models of Economic Growth," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 20(3), pages 599-604, October.
- Brock, William A. & Mirman, Leonard J., 1972. "Optimal economic growth and uncertainty: The discounted case," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 479-513, June.
- Mirman, Leonard J. & Morand, Olivier F. & Reffett, Kevin L., 2008. "A qualitative approach to Markovian equilibrium in infinite horizon economies with capital," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 139(1), pages 75-98, March.
- Leonard J Mirman & Olivier F. Morand & Kevin L. Reffett, 2004. "A Qualitative Approach to Markovian Equilibrium in Infinite Horizon Economies with Capital," Levine's Bibliography 122247000000000224, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Long, John B, Jr & Plosser, Charles I, 1983. "Real Business Cycles," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(1), pages 39-69, February.
- repec:cup:macdyn:v:1:y:1997:i:4:p:740-69 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bray, Margaret, 1982. "Learning, estimation, and the stability of rational expectations," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 318-339, April.
- Rabi Bhattacharya & Mukul Majumdar, 2003. "Dynamical systems subject to random shocks: An introduction," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 23(1), pages 1-12, December.
- Futia, Carl A, 1982. "Invariant Distributions and the Limiting Behavior of Markovian Economic Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(2), pages 377-408, March.
- Stachurski, John, 2003. "Economic dynamical systems with multiplicative noise," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 135-152, February. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)