Corporate Governance and Asset Sales: The Effect of Internal and External Control Mechanisms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Scholes, Myron & Williams, Joseph, 1977. "Estimating betas from nonsynchronous data," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 309-327, December.
- Carleton, Willard T, et al, 1983. " An Empirical Analysis of the Role of the Medium of Exchange in Mergers," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(3), pages 813-826, June.
- Millon Cornett, Marcia & De, Sankar, 1991. "Medium of Payment in Corporate Acquisitions: Evidence from Interstate Bank Mergers," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 23(4), pages 767-776, November.
- Wansley, James W. & Roenfeldt, Rodney L. & Cooley, Philip L., 1983. "Abnormal Returns from Merger Profiles," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(02), pages 149-162, June.
- Dean F. Amel & Stephen A. Rhoades, 1989. "Empirical Evidence on the Motives for Bank Mergers," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 15(1), pages 17-27, Jan-Mar.
- Cornett, Marcia Millon & Tehranian, Hassan, 1992. "Changes in corporate performance associated with bank acquisitions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 211-234, April.
- Stephen A. Rhoades, 1996. "Bank mergers and industrywide structure," Staff Studies 169, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Johnson, Shane A. & Sarkar, Salil K., 1996. "The valuation effects of the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act and its enforcement," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 783-803, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pascal Nguyen & Nahid Rahman, 2015.
"Which governance characteristics affect the incidence of divestitures in Australia?,"
Australian Journal of Management,
Australian School of Business, vol. 40(2), pages 351-374, May.
- Pascal Nguyen & Nahid Rahman, 2014. "Which governance characteristics affect the incidence of divestitures in Australia?," Post-Print halshs-01370690, HAL.
- Pascal Nguyen & Nahid Rahman, 2014. "Which Governance Characteristics Affect the Incidence of Divestitures in Australia?," Working Paper Series 180, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Nguyen, Pascal & Rahman, Nahid & Zhao, Ruoyun, 2013. "Ownership structure and divestiture decisions: Evidence from Australian firms," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 170-181.
- Post Raj Pokharel, 2013. "Managerial Entrenchment and Capital Structure Decision: A Case of Nepal," NRB Economic Review, Nepal Rastra Bank, Research Department, vol. 25(2), pages 78-89, October.
- Pascal Nguyen, 2016.
"The role of the seller’s stock performance in the market reaction to divestiture announcements,"
Journal of Economics and Finance,
Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 40(1), pages 19-40, January.
- Pascal Nguyen, 2016. "The role of the seller’s stock performance in the market reaction to divestiture announcements," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 40(1), pages 19-40, January.
- Pascal Nguyen, 2013. "The role of firm performance in the market reaction to divestiture announcements," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(3), pages 1723-1728.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:finrev:v:41:y:2006:i:3:p:361-386. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/efaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.