Through the magnifying glass: provincial aspects of industrial growth in post-Unification Italy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Carlo Ciccarelli & Stefano Fenoaltea, 2010. "Through the magnifying glass: provincial aspects of industrial growth in post-unification Italy," Quaderni di storia economica (Economic History Working Papers) 4, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
References listed on IDEAS
- Esposto, Alfredo G., 1992. "Italian Industrialization and the Gerschenkronian â€œGreat Spurtâ€ : A Regional Analysis," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 52(2), pages 353-362, June.
- Ringrose, David R., 1968. "Transportation and Economic Stagnation in Eighteenth-Century Castile," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(1), pages 51-79, March.
- Walter Isard, 1948. "Some Locational Factors in the Iron and Steel Industry since the Early Nineteenth Century," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56, pages 203-203.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Brown, Jason P. & Florax, Raymond J. G. M. & McNamara, Kevin T., 2009.
"Determinants of Investment Flows in U.S. Manufacturing?,"
The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 39(3), pages 269-286.
- Jason P. Brown & Raymond J.G.M. Florax & Kevin T. McNamara, 2009. "Determinants Of Investme??T Flows In U.S. Manufacturing," Working Papers 09-10, Purdue University, College of Agriculture, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Brown, Jason P. & Florax, Raymond J.G.M. & McNamara, Kevin T., 2009. "Determinants Of Investment Flows In U.S. Manufacturing," Working papers 54835, Purdue University, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Toktarova, Alla & Walter, Viktor & Göransson, Lisa & Johnsson, Filip, 2022. "Interaction between electrified steel production and the north European electricity system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 310(C).
- Edward J. Malecki, 2016. "Beyond Rust: Metropolitan Pittsburgh and the Fate of Industrial America. Allen Dieterich-Ward . Philadelphia. PA : University of Pennsylvania Press . 360 pp, 17 figures (including 4 maps), notes, inde," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(4), pages 911-912, November.
- Kanda Naknoi, 2008. "Tariffs and the Expansion of the American Pig Iron Industry, 1870-1940," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1214, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Kahn, Matthew E. & Walsh, Randall, 2015. "Cities and the Environment," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, in: Gilles Duranton & J. V. Henderson & William C. Strange (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 0, pages 405-465, Elsevier.
- Isard Walter, 2002. "Developing Mutual Improvement Joint Actions: A Need for Interdisciplinary Research," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 8(2), pages 1-31, April.
- Isard Walter, 2005. "Industry-Services Complex Analysis for Poverty Region Development (Realistic Development Theory for Regions Emerging from Poverty)," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-33, May.
- Madureira, Nuno Luis, 2012. "The iron industry energy transition," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 24-34.
- Giovanni Abramo & Ciriaco Andrea D’Angelo & Francesco Rosati, 2016. "The north–south divide in the Italian higher education system," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 109(3), pages 2093-2117, December.
- Houpt, Stefan, 1998. "Location of Spanish integrated steel, 1880-1936," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wh983303, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Ghebrihiwet, Nahom & Kinda, Tidiane, 2021. "Downstream beneficiation: A cross-country analysis of factors underlying the emergence of a steel industry," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(C).
- Makiko Hino & Mototsugu Fukushige, 2014. "Catching up and falling behind in technological progress: the experience of the textile and chemical industries in Italy between 1904 and 1937," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 14-14, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics.
- Jason P. Brown & Raymond J.G.M. Florax & Kevin T. McNamara, 2008.
"Evolution Of Investment Flows In U.S. Manufacturing:A Spatial Panel Approach,"
08-06, Purdue University, College of Agriculture, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Brown, Jason P. & Florax, Raymond J.G.M. & McNamara, Kevin T., 2008. "Evolution Of Investment Flows In U.S. Manufacturing: A Spatial Panel Approach," Working papers 42502, Purdue University, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Sukkoo Kim, 1997. "Regions, Resources, and Economic Geography: Sources of U.S. Regional Comparative Advantage, 1880-1987," NBER Working Papers 6322, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
- N63 - Economic History - - Manufacturing and Construction - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- N93 - Economic History - - Regional and Urban History - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ehsrev:v:66:y:2013:i:1:p:57-85. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ehsukea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Wiley Content Delivery (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ehsukea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.