Modern variety adoption and risk management in drought prone areas: insights from the sorghum farmers of eastern Ethiopia
No abstract is available for this item.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 42 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0169-5150|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=0169-5150|
- Raghu, Prabhakaran T. & Erenstein, Olaf & BÃ¶ber, Christian & Krishna, Vijesh V., 0. "Adoption and Outcomes of Hybrid Maize in the Marginal Areas of India," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-UniversitÃ¤t zu Berlin, vol. 54.
- Emiliano Magrini & Mauro Vigani, 2016.
"Technology adoption and the multiple dimensions of food security: the case of maize in Tanzania,"
Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food,
Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(4), pages 707-726, August.
- Emiliano Magrini & Mauro Vigani, 2014. "Technology adoption and the multiple dimensions of food security: the case of maize in Tanzania," LICOS Discussion Papers 35214, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Magrini, Emiliano & Vigani, Mauro, 2015. "Technology adoption and the multiple dimensions of food security: the case of maize in Tanzania," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212216, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Magrini, Emiliano & Vigani, Mauro, 2014. "Technology adoption and the multiple dimensions of food security: the case of maize in Tanzania," 2014 Third Congress, June 25-27, 2014, Alghero, Italy 172989, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Vigani, Mauro & Magrini, Emiliano, 2014. "Technology adoption and the multiple dimensions of food security: the case of maize in Tanzania," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182646, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Negassa, Asfaw & Hellin, Jonathan & Shiferaw, Bekele A., 2012. "Determinants of Adoption and Spatial Diversity of Wheat Varieties on Household Farms in Turkey," Socioeconomics Program Working Papers 147106, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- Coromaldi, Manuela & Pallante, Giacomo & Savastano, Sara, 2015. "Adoption of modern varieties, farmers' welfare and crop biodiversity: Evidence from Uganda," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 346-358.
- Thornton, Philip K. & Lipper, Leslie, 2014. "How does climate change alter agricultural strategies to support food security?:," IFPRI discussion papers 1340, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:fpr:export:1340 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christina Handschuch & Meike Wollni, 2016. "Improved production systems for traditional food crops: the case of finger millet in western Kenya," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(4), pages 783-797, August.
- Kenneth, Akankwasa & Gerald, Ortmann & Edilegnaw, Wale & Wilberforce, Tushemereirwe, 2012. "Ex-Ante Adoption of New Cooking Banana (Matooke) Hybrids in Uganda Based on Farmers' Perceptions," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 123302, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Abebe, Gumataw K. & Bijman, Jos & Pascucci, Stefano & Omta, Onno, 2013. "Adoption of improved potato varieties in Ethiopia: The role of agricultural knowledge and innovation system and smallholder farmers’ quality assessment," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 22-32.
- Zander, Kerstin K. & Signorello, Giovanni & De Salvo, Maria & Gandini, Gustavo & Drucker, Adam G., 2013. "Assessing the total economic value of threatened livestock breeds in Italy: Implications for conservation policy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 219-229.
- Pallante, Giacomo & Drucker, Adam G. & Sthapit, Sajal, 2016. "Assessing the potential for niche market development to contribute to farmers' livelihoods and agrobiodiversity conservation: Insights from the finger millet case study in Nepal," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 92-105.
- Christina Handschuch & Meike Wollni, 2013. "Improved production systems for traditional food crops: The case of finger millet in Western Kenya," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 141, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Bellon, Mauricio R. & Gotor, Elisabetta & Caracciolo, Francesco, 2015. "Assessing the Effectiveness of Projects Supporting On-Farm Conservation of Native Crops: Evidence From the High Andes of South America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 162-176.
- repec:spr:agfoec:v:5:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s40100-017-0082-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Giacomo Pallante & Adam Drucker, 2014. "Niche Markets for Agrobiodiversity Conservation: Preference and Scale Heterogeneity Effects on Nepalese Consumers’ WTP for Finger Millet Products," SEEDS Working Papers 1414, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised May 2014.
- Otieno, Zipora & Okello, Julius J. & Nyikal, Rose & Mwang'ombe, Agnes & Clavel, Daniele, 2011. "The role of varietal traits in the adoption of improved dryland crop varieties: The case of pigeon pea in Kenya," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 6(2), September.
- Amponsah, Kwabena & Paliwal, Neha, 2015. "Technology And Managerial Gaps In The Adoption Of Improved Groundnut Varieties In Malawi And Uganda," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 206197, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Monica Fisher & Tsedeke Abate & Rodney Lunduka & Woinishet Asnake & Yoseph Alemayehu & Ruth Madulu, 2015. "Drought tolerant maize for farmer adaptation to drought in sub-Saharan Africa: Determinants of adoption in eastern and southern Africa," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 133(2), pages 283-299, November.
- Shawn McGuire & Louise Sperling, 2016. "Seed systems smallholder farmers use," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(1), pages 179-195, February.
- Narloch, Ulf & Drucker, Adam G. & Pascual, Unai, 2011. "Payments for agrobiodiversity conservation services for sustained on-farm utilization of plant and animal genetic resources," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 1837-1845, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:agecon:v:42:y:2011:i:3:p:279-292. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed