Estimating consumer willingness to pay for food quality with experimental auctions: the case of yellow versus fortified maize meal in Kenya
No abstract is available for this item.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 42 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0169-5150|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=0169-5150|
- De Groote, Hugo & Kariuki, Sarah & Traore, Djibril & Taylor, John R.N. & Mario, Ferruzi & Hamaker, Bruce, "undated". "Measuring consumers’ interest in instant fortified millet products - a field experiment in Touba, Senegal," 2016 AAAE Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 246973, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Mohammed H. Alemu & Søren Bøye Olsen & Suzanne E. Vedel & John Kinyuru & Kennedy O. Pambo, 2016. "Integrating sensory evaluations in incentivized discrete choice experiments to assess consumer demand for cricket flour buns in Kenya," IFRO Working Paper 2016/02, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Meenakshi, J. V. & Banerji, A. & Manyong, Victor & Tomlins, Keith & Hamukwala, Priscilla & Zulu, Rodah & Mungoma, Catherine, 2010. "Consumer acceptance of provitamin A orange maize in rural Zambia:," HarvestPlus Working Papers 4, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Murekezi, Abdoul & Oparinde, Adewale & Birol, Ekin, 2017. "Consumer market segments for biofortified iron beans in Rwanda: Evidence from a hedonic testing study," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 35-49.
- Banerji, A. & Chowdhury, Shyamal K. & de Groote, Hugo & Meenakshi, Jonnalagadda V. & Haleegoah, Joyce & Ewoo, Manfred, 2013.
"Using elicitation mechanisms to estimate the demand for nutritious maize: Evidence from experiments in rural Ghana,"
HarvestPlus Working Papers
10, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Banerji, Abhijit & Chowdhury, Shyamal & Groote, Hugo & Meenakshi, J.V. & Haleegoah, Joyce & Ewool, Manfred, 2015. "Using Elicitation Mechanisms to Estimate the Demand for Nutritious Maize: Evidence from Experiments in Rural Ghana," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211349, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Etumnu, Chinonso, 2016. "Behavioral Determinants of Biofortified Food Acceptance: The Case of Orange-fleshed Sweet Potato in Ghana," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235249, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Oparinde, Adewale & Banerji, Abhijit & Birol, Ekin & Perez, Salomon, 2016. "Identifying hypothetical bias in experimental auctions in field settings in developing countries," 2016 AAAE Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 246284, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Oparinde, Adewale & Birol, Ekin & Murekezi, Abdoul & Katsvairo, Lister & Diressie, Michael & Nkundimana, Jean & Butare, Louis, 2015. "Consumer Acceptance of Biofortified Iron Beans in Rural Rwanda: Experimental Evidence," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211353, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Probst, Lorenz & Houedjofonon, Elysée & Ayerakwa, Hayford Mensah & Haas, Rainer, 2012. "Will they buy it? The potential for marketing organic vegetables in the food vending sector to strengthen vegetable safety: A choice experiment study in three West African cities," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 296-308.
- Alphonce, Roselyne & Alfnes, Frode, 2015. "Eliciting Consumer WTP for Food Characteristics in a Developing Context: Comparison of four methods in a field experiment," Working Paper Series 01-2015, School of Economics and Business, Norwegian University of Life Sciences.
- De Groote, Hugo & Tomlins, Keith & Haleegoah, Joyce & Awool, Manfred & Frimpong, Benedicta & Banerji, Abijit & Chowdury, Shyamal K. & Meenakshi, J.V., 2010. "Assessing rural consumers’ WTP for orange, biofortified maize in Ghana with experimental auctions and a simulated radio message," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 96197, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE);Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA).
- Lybbert, Travis J. & Magnan, Nicholas & Spielman, David J. & Bhargava, Anil K. & Gulati, Kajal, 2012. "Farmers' Heterogeneous Valuation of Laser Land Leveling in Eastern Uttar Pradesh: An Experimental Auction Approach to Informing Segmentation & Subsidy Strategies," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126806, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lybbert, Travis J. & Magnan, Nicholas & Spielman, David J. & Bhargava, Anil K. & Gulati, Kajal, 2013. "Targeting technology to reduce poverty and conserve resources: Experimental delivery of laser land leveling to farmers in Uttar Pradesh, India:," IFPRI discussion papers 1274, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:spr:ssefpa:v:9:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s12571-017-0676-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Okello, Julius J. & Lagerkvist, Carl Johan & Muoki-Kingori, Penina & Heck, Simon & Prain, Gordon, 2016. "Combining sensory evaluation and mental models in the assessment of consumer preferences for and choice of healthy products: Experience from a field experiment in Kenya," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 236244, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Waldman, Kurt B. & Kerr, John M. & Isaacs, Krista B., 2014. "Combining participatory crop trials and experimental auctions to estimate farmer preferences for improved common bean in Rwanda," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 183-192.
- Morawetz, Ulrich B. & De Groote, Hugo & Kimenju, Simon Chege, 2011. "Improving the Use of Experimental Auctions in Africa: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 36(2), August.
- Banerji, Abhijit & Birol, Ekin & Karandikar, Bhushana & Rampal, Jeevant, 2016. "Information, branding, certification, and consumer willingness to pay for high-iron pearl millet: Evidence from experimental auctions in Maharashtra, India," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 133-141.
- Adams, Katherine P. & Vosti, Stephen A. & Lybbert, Travis J. & Ayifah, Emmanuel, 2011. "Integrating Economic Analysis with a Randomized Controlled Trial: Willingness-to-Pay for a New Maternal Nutrient Supplement," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103793, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:pal:eurjdr:v:29:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1057_s41287-016-0059-y is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:agecon:v:42:y:2011:i:1:p:1-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed