The Dynamic Hedging Effectiveness For Soybean Farmers Of Mato Grosso With Futures Contracts Of Bm&F
Dynamic hedging effectiveness for soybean farmers in RondonÃ³polis (MT) with futures contracts of BM&F is calculated through optimal hedge determination, using the bivariate GARCH BEKK model, which considers the conditional correlations of the prices series, comparing the results with the minimum variance model effectiveness, calculated by OLS, the unhedged and the naÃ¯ve hedge positions. The financial effectiveness of the dynamic hedge model is superior and can be used by farmers for several decision making purposes such as price discovery, hedging calibration, cash flow projections, market timing, among others.
Volume (Year): 12 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Campus Universitário - Caixa Postal 37 - CEP 37200-000 Lavras - MG|
Phone: 0xx35 3829.1441
Web page: http://www.dae.ufla.br/revista/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Karolyi, G Andrew, 1995. "A Multivariate GARCH Model of International Transmissions of Stock Returns and Volatility: The Case of the United States and Canada," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(1), pages 11-25, January.
- Peter S. Sephton, 1993. "Optimal Hedge Ratios at the Winnipeg Commodity Exchange," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 26(1), pages 175-93, February.
- Lence, Sergio H., 1996.
"Relaxing the Assumptions of Minimum-Variance Hedging,"
Staff General Research Papers
5156, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lence, Sergio H., 1996. "Relaxing The Assumptions Of Minimum-Variance Hedging," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 21(01), July.
- Ederington, Louis H, 1979. "The Hedging Performance of the New Futures Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(1), pages 157-70, March.
- Chris Brooks & Olan T. Henry & Gita Persand, 2002. "The Effect of Asymmetries on Optimal Hedge Ratios," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(2), pages 333-352, April.
- Wenling Yang & David E. Allen, 2005. "Multivariate GARCH hedge ratios and hedging effectiveness in Australian futures markets," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 45(2), pages 301-321.
- Carter, Colin A., 1999. "Commodity futures markets: a survey," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 43(2).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:orarao:93578. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.