Mismeasuring long-run growth: the bias from splicing national accounts—the case of Spain
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Leandro Prados de la Escosura, 2016. "Mismeasuring long-run growth: the bias from splicing national accounts—the case of Spain," Cliometrica, Springer;Cliometric Society (Association Francaise de Cliométrie), pages 251-275.
References listed on IDEAS
- de la Escosura, Leandro Prados, 2007. "Growth and structural change in Spain, 1850–2000: a european perspective," Revista de Historia Económica, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(01), pages 147-181, January.
- Prados de la Escosura, Leandro & Rosés, Joan R., 2009.
"The Sources of Long-Run Growth in Spain, 1850-2000,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 69(04), pages 1063-1091, December.
- Prados de la Escosura, Leandro & Rosés, Joan R., 2007. "The sources of long-run growth in Spain 1850-2000," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp07-02, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Prados de la Escosura, Leandro & Rosés, Joan R., 2007. "The Sources of Long-run Growth in Spain 1850-2000," CEPR Discussion Papers 6189, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Krantz, Olle, 1994. "Service Production in Historical National Accounts," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, pages 19-41.
- Prados de la Escosura, Leandro, 2000.
"International Comparisons of Real Product, 1820-1990: An Alternative Data Set,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-41, January.
- Prados de la Escosura, Leandro, 1998. "International comparisons of real product, 19820-1990: an alternative dataset," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH 6177, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Cassing, Shirley, 1996. "Correctly Measuring Real Value Added," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, pages 195-206.
- Stefano Fenoaltea, 1976. "Real Value Added and the Measurement of Industrial Production," NBER Chapters,in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 5, number 1, pages 111-137 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harrison, Mark, 1998. "Trends in Soviet labour productivity, 1928 85: War, postwar recovery, and slowdown," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(02), pages 171-200, August.
- Jutta Bolt & Jan Luiten Zanden, 2014. "The Maddison Project: collaborative research on historical national accounts," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, pages 627-651.
- World Bank, 2013. "Measuring the Real Size of the World Economy : The Framework, Methodology, and Results of the International Comparison Program—ICP," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13329.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsGrowth measurement; Splicing GDP; Historical national accounts; Spain;
- C82 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Macroeconomic Data; Data Access
- E01 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Measurement and Data on National Income and Product Accounts and Wealth; Environmental Accounts
- N13 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:afc:cliome:v:10:y:2016:i:3:p:251-275. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afcccea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.