Corporate Earnings: Facts and Fiction
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Guenther, David A. & Young, Danqing, 2000. "The association between financial accounting measures and real economic activity: a multinational study," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 53-72, February.
- repec:bla:joares:v:37:y:1999:i:2:p:387-413 is not listed on IDEAS
- Klein, April, 2002. "Audit committee, board of director characteristics, and earnings management," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 375-400, August.
- Dechow, Patricia M. & Sloan, Richard G., 1991. "Executive incentives and the horizon problem : An empirical investigation," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 51-89, March.
- repec:bla:joares:v:29:y:1991:i::p:107-142 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:joares:v:29:y:1991:i:2:p:193-228 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bartov, Eli & Givoly, Dan & Hayn, Carla, 2002. "The rewards to meeting or beating earnings expectations," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 173-204, June.
- repec:bla:joares:v:37:y:1999:i:2:p:353-385 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brown, Lawrence D. & Ngo Higgins, Huong, 2001. "Managing earnings surprises in the US versus 12 other countries," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, pages 373-398.
- Ijiri, Y., 1989. "Momentum Accounting And Triple-Entry Bookkeeping: Exploring The Dynamic Structure Of Accounting Measurements," GSIA Working Papers 88-89-35, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Healy, Paul M., 1985. "The effect of bonus schemes on accounting decisions," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1-3), pages 85-107, April.
- Mihir A. Desai, 2002. "The Corporate Profit Base, Tax Sheltering Activity, and the Changing Nature of Employee Compensation," NBER Working Papers 8866, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Burgstahler, David & Dichev, Ilia, 1997. "Earnings management to avoid earnings decreases and losses," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 99-126, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lamiraud, Karine & Vranceanu , Radu, 2015.
"Group Gender Composition and Economic Decision-Making,"
ESSEC Working Papers
WP1515, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Karine Lamiraud & Radu Vranceanu, 2017. "Group Gender Composition and Economic Decision-Making," Working Papers hal-01205913, HAL.
- James K. Self, 2006. "Asymmetric Stationarity in National Stock Market Indices: An MTAR Analysis," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(6), pages 3153-3174, November.
- Besancenot, Damien & Vranceanu, Radu, 2005. "Socially Efficient Managerial Dishonesty," ESSEC Working Papers DR 05005, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- repec:eee:mulfin:v:41:y:2017:i:c:p:23-46 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andergassen, Rainer, 2008.
"High-powered incentives and fraudulent behavior: Stock-based versus stock option-based compensation,"
Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 122-125, November.
- R. Andergassen, 2005. "High powered Incentives and Fraudulent Behavior: Stock based versus Stock Option based Compensation," Working Papers 542, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Lambrecht, Bart M. & Myers, Stewart C., 2008. "Debt and managerial rents in a real-options model of the firm," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 209-231, August.
- Ho, Shirley J. & Mallick, Sushanta K., 2015. "A Copayment Auditing Scheme for Financial Misreporting," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 53-74.
- Agliardi, Elettra & Andergassen, Rainer, 2009.
"Last resort gambles, risky debt and liquidation policy,"
Review of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, pages 142-155.
- E. Agliardi & R. Andergassen, 2006. "Last Resort Gambles, Risky Debt and Liquidation Policy," Working Papers 577, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Elettra Agliardi & Rainer Andergassen, 2007. "Last Resort Gambles, Risky Debt and Liquidation Policy," Working Paper series 31_07, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30703804 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francesco Giuli & Marco Manzo, 2005. "Protecting Savings: Do We Need a Supervision Authority?," Working Papers 84, University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Public Economics.
- Peat, Maurice & Svec, Jiri & Wang, Jue, 2014. "Reporting bias in incomplete information model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 123(1), pages 45-49.
- Graham, John R. & Harvey, Campbell R. & Rajgopal, Shiva, 2005.
"The economic implications of corporate financial reporting,"
Journal of Accounting and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1-3), pages 3-73, December.
- John R. Graham & Campbell R. Harvey & Shiva Rajgopal, 2004. "The Economic Implications of Corporate Financial Reporting," NBER Working Papers 10550, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:rim:rimwps:31-07 is not listed on IDEAS
- Simona FRANZONI, 2010. "International comparison of the remuneration system disclosure," EuroEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 25, pages 35-44, October.
- Baschieri, Giulia & Carosi, Andrea & Mengoli, Stefano, 2016. "Does the earnings quality matter? Evidence from a quasi-experimental setting," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 146-157.
- Lorenzo Lucianetti & Valentina Battista, 2015. "La manipolazione dei valori di bilancio: pressione del management e tratti personali nell’attività del controller," MANAGEMENT CONTROL, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2015(1), pages 101-132.
- Besancenot, Damien & Vranceanu, Radu, 2007. "Equilibrium (dis)honesty," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 232-249, October.
- Besancenot, Damien & Vranceanu, Radu, 2004. "The Information Limit to Honest Managerial Behavior," ESSEC Working Papers DR 04008, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- T. Christopher Borek & Angelo Frattarelli & Oliver Hart, 2014. "Tax Shelters or Efficient Tax Planning? A Theory of the Firm Perspective on the Economic Substance Doctrine," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(4), pages 975-1000.
- Vranceanu, Radu, 2003. "Manager Unethical Behavior During The New Economy Bubble," ESSEC Working Papers DR 03026, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Besancenot, Damien & Vranceanu, Radu, 2009. "Strategic managerial dishonesty and financial distress," Research in Economics, Elsevier, pages 11-21.
- Dr. Mohammad Hossein & Vadiei Nowghabi & Saleh Anbarani, 2012. "Survey Effect Of Gender And Field Of Study On Students' Judegment Of The Morality Of Earnings Management," Far East Journal of Marketing and Management, Far East Research Centre, vol. 2(2), pages 12-26, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:jecper:v:17:y:2003:i:2:p:27-50. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.