Avoidable Cost: Ride a Double Auction Roller Coaster
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elmaghraby, Wedad J. & Larson, Nathan, 2012. "Explaining deviations from equilibrium in auctions with avoidable fixed costs," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 131-159.
- Buchheit, Steve & Feltovich, Nick, 2010. "Experimental evidence of a sunkâ€“cost paradox: a study of pricing behavior in Bertrandâ€“Edgeworth duopoly," SIRE Discussion Papers 2010-124, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Micola, Augusto Ruperez & Bunn, Derek W., 2008. "Crossholdings, concentration and information in capacity-constrained sealed bid-offer auctions," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 66(3-4), pages 748-766, June.
- Cason, Timothy N. & Gangadharan, Lata & Duke, Charlotte, 2003.
"Market power in tradable emission markets: a laboratory testbed for emission trading in Port Phillip Bay, Victoria,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 469-491, October.
- Cason, Timothy N. & Gangadharan, Lata & Duke, Charlotte, 2003. "Market Power in Tradable Emission Markets: A Laboratory Testbed for Emission Trading in Port Phillip Bay, Victoria," 2003 Conference (47th), February 12-14, 2003, Fremantle, Australia 57841, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Kyle Hampton & Katerina Sherstyuk, 2010.
"Demand Shocks, Capacity Coordination and Industry Performance: Lessons from Economic Laboratory,"
201023, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Kyle Hampton & Katerina Sherstyuk, 2010. "Demand Shocks, Capacity Coordination and Industry Performance: Lessons from Economic Laboratory," Working Papers 2010-09, University of Alaska Anchorage, Department of Economics.
- Duffy, John, 2006. "Agent-Based Models and Human Subject Experiments," Handbook of Computational Economics,in: Leigh Tesfatsion & Kenneth L. Judd (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 19, pages 949-1011 Elsevier.
- Koji Kotani & Kenta Tanaka & Shunsuke Managi, 2014. "On the fundamental performance of a marketable permit system in a trader setting," Working Papers SDES-2014-2, Kochi University of Technology, School of Economics and Management, revised Oct 2014.
- Araoz, Veronica & Jörnsten, Kurt, 2011. "Semi-Lagrangean approach for price discovery in markets with non-convexities," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 214(2), pages 411-417, October.
- Kenta Tanaka & Keisaku Higashida & Shunsuke Managi, 2014.
"A laboratory assessment of the choice of vessel size under individual transferable quota regimes,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 58(3), pages 353-373, July.
- Keisaku Higahsida & Kenta Tanaka & Shunsuke Managi, 2010. "Efficiency of Individual Transferable Quotas (ITQs) when Fishers are able to Choose Vessel Sizes: An Experimental Approach," Discussion Paper Series 57, School of Economics, Kwansei Gakuin University, revised Jun 2010.
- HIGASHIDA Keisaku & MANAGI Shunsuke, 2010. "Efficiency of Individual Transferable Quotas (ITQs) when Fishers are able to Choose Vessel Sizes: An experimental approach," Discussion papers 10036, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Noussair, Charles & Robin, Stephane & Ruffieux, Bernard, 1998. "The effect of transaction costs on double auction markets," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 221-233, August.
- Miller, Ross M., 2008.
"Don't let your robots grow up to be traders: Artificial intelligence, human intelligence, and asset-market bubbles,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 153-166, October.
- Ross M. Miller, 2003. "Don't Let Your Robots Grow Up To Be Traders: Artificial Intelligence, Human Intelligence, and Asset-Market Bubbles," Experimental 0306001, EconWPA.
- Varouj A. Aivazian & Jeffrey L. Callen & Susan McCracken, 2009. "Experimental Tests of Core Theory and the Coase Theorem: Inefficiency and Cycling," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(4), pages 745-759, November.
- Durham, Yvonne & McCabe, Kevin & Olson, Mark A. & Rassenti, Stephen & Smith, Vernon, 2004. "Oligopoly competition in fixed cost environments," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 147-162, February.
- Davis, Douglas D. & Williams, Arlington W., 1997. "The effects of nonstationarities on performance in call markets," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 39-54, January.
- Kenneth Button & Peter Nijkamp, 1997. "Network Industries, Economic Stability and Spatial Integration," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 97-047/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Larson, Nathan & Elmaghraby, Wedad, 2008. "Procurement auctions with avoidable fixed costs: an experimental approach," MPRA Paper 32163, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
- Noussair, C.N. & van Soest, D.P., 2014. "Economic Experiments and Environmental Policy : A Review," Discussion Paper 2014-001, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Abbink, Klaus & Brandts, Jordi & McDaniel, Tanga, 2003.
"Asymmetric Demand Information in Uniform and Discriminatory Call Auctions: An Experimental Analysis Motivated by Electricity Markets,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 125-144, March.
- Klaus Abbink & Jordi Brandts & Tanga McDaniel, 2002. "Asymmetric demand information in uniform and discriminatory call auctions: an experimental analysis motivated by electricity markets," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 520.02, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Cason, Timothy N. & Friedman, Daniel, 1996. "Price formation in double auction markets," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 20(8), pages 1307-1337, August.
- Vernon Smith, 2002. "Method in Experiment: Rhetoric and Reality," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 5(2), pages 91-110, October.
- Nathaniel T. Wilcox & Mark V. Van Boening, 2003. "Distribution and Dynamics in a Simple Tax Regime Transition," Working Papers 2003-02 Classification-C9, Department of Economics, University of Houston.
- Jacob K. Goeree & Luke Lindsay, 2012. "Designing package markets to eliminate exposure risk," ECON - Working Papers 071, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Andrew Austin & Nathaniel T. Wilcox, 2002. "What Students Expect and What They See: Ideology, Identity and the Double Auction Classroom Experiment," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp194, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Crowley, Steve & Sade, Orly, 2004. "Does the option to cancel an order in a double auction market matter?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 89-97, April.
- Koji Kotani & Kenta Tanaka & Shunsuke Managi, 2015. "Which performs better under a trader setting, double auction or uniform price auction?," Working Papers SDES-2015-17, Kochi University of Technology, School of Economics and Management, revised May 2015.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:86:y:1996:i:3:p:461-77. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.