Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/labeco
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Additional information is available for the following
registered editor(s): Andrea Ichino
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:labeco
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2005, Volume 12, Issue 5
- 697-725 Increasing physician supply in medically underserved areas
by Holmes, George M.
2005, Volume 12, Issue 4
- 429-448 The dynamics of repeated temporary jobs
by Gagliarducci, Stefano
- 449-468 Exits from temporary jobs in Europe: A competing risks analysis
by D'Addio, Anna Cristina & Rosholm, Michael
- 469-486 The family gap in pay in Europe: a cross-country study
by Davies, Rhys & Pierre, Gaelle
- 487-509 The wage scar from male youth unemployment
by Gregg, Paul & Tominey, Emma
- 511-530 You'll never walk alone: Childhood influences and male career path clusters
by Anyadike-Danes, Michael & McVicar, Duncan
- 531-555 Wage changes through job mobility in Europe: A multinomial endogenous switching approach
by Garcia Perez, Jose Ignacio & Rebollo Sanz, Yolanda
- 557-576 Training, productivity and wages in Italy
by Conti, Gabriella
- 577-590 Decomposition of differences in distribution using quantile regression
by Melly, Blaise
- 591-612 Men and islands: Dealing with the family in empirical labor economics
by Lundberg, Shelly
2005, Volume 12, Issue 3
- 281-299 Temporary contracts and employee effort
by Engellandt, Axel & Riphahn, Regina T.
- 301-319 Does early intervention help the unemployed youth?
by Carling, Kenneth & Larsson, Laura
- 321-343 Testing labour supply and hours constraints
by Martinez-Granado, Maite
- 345-377 Wage-setting institutions as industrial policy
by Davis, Steven J. & Henrekson, Magnus
- 379-406 Product market integration, wage dispersion and unemployment
by Andersen, Torben M.
- 407-428 Ranking of job applicants, on-the-job search, and persistent unemployment
by Eriksson, Stefan & Gottfries, Nils
2005, Volume 12, Issue 2
- 147-168 Statutory firing costs and lay-offs in Canada
by Friesen, Jane
- 169-189 Inequality and ability
by Gould, Eric D.
- 191-203 A way of explaining unemployment through a wage-setting game
by Tasnadi, Attila
- 205-222 Union wage setting and progressive income taxation with heterogeneous labor: theory and evidence from the German income tax reforms 1986-1990
by Schneider, Kerstin
- 223-249 Wage inequality and the role of multinationals: evidence from UK panel data
by Taylor, Karl & Driffield, Nigel
- 251-267 Self-selection in education with matching frictions
by Charlot, Olivier & Decreuse, Bruno
- 269-280 Incentives and selection in cyclical absenteeism
by Arai, Mahmood & Thoursie, Peter Skogman
2005, Volume 12, Issue 1
- 1-22 Does market liberalisation reduce gender discrimination? Econometric evidence from Hungary, 1986-1998
by Jolliffe, Dean & Campos, Nauro F.
- 23-45 Intertemporal female labor force behavior in a developing country: what can we learn from a limited panel?
by Glick, Peter & Sahn, David
- 47-71 Do single women value early retirement more than single men?
by Moller Dano, Anne & Ejrnaes, Mette & Husted, Leif
- 73-97 The evolution of the gender wage gap
by Kunze, Astrid
- 99-123 Employment after motherhood: a European comparison
by Gutierrez-Domenech, Maria
- 125-145 Gender wage gap in expectations and realizations
by Filippin, Antonio & Ichino, Andrea
2004, Volume 11, Issue 6
- 669-686 Hierarchies in organisations and labour market competition
by De Fraja, Gianni
- 687-700 Signaling and strategically delayed promotion
by Ishida, Junichiro
- 701-714 Overeducation, wages and promotions within the firm
by Groeneveld, Sandra & Hartog, Joop
- 715-740 Employee participation and productivity
by Zwick, Thomas
- 741-763 Performance, seniority, and wages: formal salary systems and individual earnings profiles
by Dohmen, Thomas J.
- 765-783 Trainers' dilemma of choosing between training and promotion
by Eguchi, Kyota
- 785-798 Measuring the impact of work reorganization on firm performance: evidence from French manufacturing, 1995-1999
by Janod, Veronique & Saint-Martin, Anne
- v-vii Report of the Editor in Chief to the September 2004 Executive Committee of the European Association of Labor Economics 27 July, 2004
by Ichino, Andrea
2004, Volume 11, Issue 5
- 527-554 Internal and external labor markets: a personnel economics approach
by Lazear, Edward P. & Oyer, Paul
- 555-573 Gender earnings gap: the role of firm specific effects
by Meng, Xin
- 575-598 The labor market consequences of experience in self-employment
by Bruce, Donald & Schuetze, Herbert J.
- 599-622 Labour market signalling and job turnover revisited
by Banerjee, Dyuti S. & Gaston, Noel
- 623-645 Endogenous wage dispersion in a search-matching model
by Rosholm, Michael & Svarer, Michael
- 647-665 The impact of working-time reductions on actual hours and wages: evidence from Swedish register-data
by Skans, Oskar Nordstrom
2004, Volume 11, Issue 4
- 395-413 The welfare cost of taxation in a labour market with unemployment and non-participation
by Hogan, Vincent
- 415-429 Compulsory work-focused interviews for inactive benefit claimants: an evaluation of the British ONE pilots
by Kirby, Simon & Riley, Rebecca
- 431-450 How flexible are wages in EU accession countries?
by Iara, Anna & Traistaru, Iulia
- 451-468 Job turnover, unemployment and labor market institutions
by Joseph, G. & Pierrard, O. & Sneessens, H. R.
- 469-485 Gross job flows and institutions in Europe
by Gomez-Salvador, Ramon & Messina, Julian & Vallanti, Giovanna
- 487-506 Evaluating the effectiveness of private education across countries: a comparison of methods
by Vandenberghe, V. & Robin, S.
- 507-523 What does it take to be (counted as) unemployed? The case of Spain
by Garrido, Luis & Toharia, Luis
2004, Volume 11, Issue 3
- 265-291 Technological change, organizational change, and job turnover
by Bauer, Thomas K. & Bender, Stefan
- 293-313 The myth of worksharing
by Kapteyn, Arie & Kalwij, Adriaan & Zaidi, Asghar
- 315-334 The effects of grants and wages on municipal labour demand
by Bergstrom, Pal & Dahlberg, Matz & Mork, Eva
- 335-354 The relative efficiency of labor market programs: Swedish experience from the 1990s
by Carling, Kenneth & Richardson, Katarina
- 355-371 Does education reduce wage inequality? Quantile regression evidence from 16 countries
by Martins, Pedro S. & Pereira, Pedro T.
- 373-393 Revisiting the family investment hypothesis
by Cobb-Clark, Deborah & Crossley, Thomas F.
2004, Volume 11, Issue 2
- 145-163 Monopsony and the efficiency of labour market interventions
by Manning, Alan
- 165-189 Ownership, firm size and rent sharing in Bulgaria
by Dobbelaere, Sabien
- 191-218 A hobo syndrome? Mobility, wages, and job turnover
by Munasinghe, Lalith & Sigman, Karl
- 219-241 Age discrimination legislation and the employment of older workers
by Adams, Scott J.
- 243-264 Learning from strikes
by Tournadre, Fabienne & Villeval, Marie-Claire
2004, Volume 11, Issue 1
- 1-31 Employment relationships in the new economy
by Neumark, David & Reed, Deborah
- 33-58 International comparisons of productivity growth: the role of information technology and regulatory practices
by Gust, Christopher & Marquez, Jaime
- 59-83 Wage premia and skill upgrading in Italy: why didn't the hound bark?
by Manasse, Paolo & Stanca, Luca & Turrini, Alessandro
- 85-98 Are computer skills the new basic skills? The returns to computer, writing and math skills in Britain
by Borghans, Lex & ter Weel, Bas
- 99-117 The impact of office machinery, and computer capital on the demand for heterogeneous labour
by Falk, Martin & Koebel, Bertrand M.
- 119-127 Has the Internet changed the wage structure too?
by Lee, Sang-Hyop & Kim, Jonghyuk
- 129-144 Are intellectual property rights unfair?
by Saint-Paul, Gilles
- vii-vii Editorial Announcement
by Ichino, Andrea
2003, Volume 10, Issue 6
- 629-642 Sexual orientation discrimination in hiring
by Weichselbaumer, Doris
- 643-658 Screening discrimination and the determinants of wages
by Pinkston, Joshua C.
- 659-679 Social exclusion and labour market transitions: a multi-state multi-spell analysis using the BHPS
by Bradley, Steve & Crouchley, Rob & Oskrochi, Reza
- 681-703 Credit market constraints and labor market decisions
by Del Boca, Daniela & Lusardi, Annamaria
- 705-726 Did globalization reduce unionization? Evidence from US manufacturing
by Magnani, Elisabetta & Prentice, David
- 727-747 Asymmetric information about workers' productivity as a cause for inefficient long working hours
by Sousa-Poza, Alfonso & Ziegler, Alexandre
2003, Volume 10, Issue 5
- 499-530 The costs of hiring and separations
by Abowd, John M. & Kramarz, Francis
- 531-556 Employee referrals and efficiency wages
by Kugler, Adriana D.
- 557-572 Designing employment subsidies
by Orszag, J. Michael & Snower, Dennis J.
- 573-596 The effect of state maternity leave legislation and the 1993 Family and Medical Leave Act on employment and wages
by Baum, Charles II
- 597-608 Collaboration and the quality of economics research
by Medoff, Marshall H.
- 609-626 Structural change and the narrowing gender gap in wages: theory and evidence from Hong Kong
by Fan, Chengze Simon & Lui, Hon-Kwong
2003, Volume 10, Issue 4
- 399-406 Why labour market experiments?
by Falk, Armin & Fehr, Ernst
- 407-425 Long-term work contracts versus sequential spot markets: experimental evidence on firm-specific investment
by Anderhub, Vital & Konigstein, Manfred & Kubler, Dorothea
- 427-442 Fairness, escalation, deference, and spite: strategies used in labor-management bargaining experiments with outside options
by Carpenter, Jeffrey & Rudisill, McAndrew
- 443-464 An experimental study on tournament design
by Harbring, Christine & Irlenbusch, Bernd
- 465-479 Unity suggests strength: an experimental study of decentralized and collective bargaining
by Berninghaus, Siegfried & Guth, Werner & Keser, Claudia
- 481-497 Task difficulty, incentive effects, and the selection of high-variance strategies: an experimental examination of tournament behavior
by Vandegrift, Donald & Brown, Paul
2003, Volume 10, Issue 3
- 265-290 Language-skill complementarity: returns to immigrant language acquisition
by Berman, Eli & Lang, Kevin & Siniver, Erez
- 291-309 The class of 1981: the effects of early career unemployment on subsequent unemployment experiences
by Burgess, Simon & Propper, Carol & Rees, Hedley & Shearer, Arran
- 311-337 The return to work of injured workers: evidence from matched unemployment insurance and workers' compensation data
by Galizzi, Monica & Boden, Leslie I.
- 339-357 The hidden costs of fixed term contracts: the impact on work accidents
by Guadalupe, Maria
- 359-380 U-type versus J-type tournaments as alternative solutions to the unverifiability problem
by Krakel, Matthias
- 381-398 Temporary layoffs and the duration of unemployment
by Roed, Knut & Nordberg, Morten
2003, Volume 10, Issue 2
- 105-131 The real thin theory: monopsony in modern labour markets
by Manning, Alan
- 133-147 The choice of paid childcare, welfare, and labor supply of single mothers
by Andren, Thomas
- 149-164 Returns to specific skills in industrial districts
by Cingano, Federico
- 165-184 Literacy and earnings: an investigation of the interaction of cognitive and unobserved skills in earnings generation
by Green, David A. & Craig Riddell, W.
- 185-203 Synchronous leisure, jointness and household labor supply
by Hallberg, Daniel
- 205-214 Dispersion in the economic return to schooling
by Harmon, Colm & Hogan, Vincent & Walker, Ian
- 215-229 Fitting to the job: the role of generic and vocational competencies in adjustment and performance
by Heijke, Hans & Meng, Christoph & Ris, Catherine
- 231-251 Family background, cohort and education: A French-German comparison based on a multivariate ordered probit model of educational attainment
by Lauer, Charlotte
- 253-264 The political economy of collective bargaining
by Palokangas, Tapio
2003, Volume 10, Issue 1
- 1-29 Explaining unemployment: some lessons from Nordic wage formation
by Nymoen, Ragnar & Rodseth, Asbjorn
- 31-53 Labour market institutions and the cyclical dynamics of employment
by Nunziata, Luca
- 55-71 Human capital accumulation of salaried and self-employed workers
by Kawaguchi, Daiji
- 73-89 Are Austrian returns to education falling over time?
by Fersterer, Josef & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf
- 91-104 The impact of a unionised labour market in a Schumpeterian growth model
by Lingens, Jorg
2002, Volume 9, Issue 6
- 699-715 Universities and the entry-level job market: evidence from Japanese panel data
by Abe, Yukiko
- 717-735 The search for success: do the unemployed find stable employment?
by Boheim, Rene & Taylor, Mark P.
- 737-762 Self/paid-employment, public/private sector selection, and wage differentials
by Christofides, Louis N. & Pashardes, Panos
- 763-800 Earnings dynamics in Canada: an econometric analysis
by Finnie, Ross & Gray, David
- 801-813 AFDC and births to unwed women
by Schaefer, Kurt C. & Hamersma, Sarah E. & Vander Veen, Thomas D.
- 815-817 Reply
by Kimenyi, Mwangi S. & Mbaku, John Mukum
2002, Volume 9, Issue 5
- 579-599 Technology, knowledge spillovers and changes in employment structure: evidence from six OECD countries
by Hollanders, Hugo & ter Weel, Bas
- 601-630 Gross worker and job flows in a transition economy: an analysis of Estonia
by Haltiwanger, John C. & Vodopivec, Milan
- 631-641 Incapacity benefits and employment policy
by Orszag, J. Michael & Snower, Dennis J.
- 643-663 Lower wage rates for fewer hours? A simultaneous wage-hours model for Germany
by Wolf, Elke
- 665-680 Earnings inequality, returns to education and immigration into Ireland
by Barrett, Alan & FitzGerald, John & Nolan, Brian
- 681-697 Monopoly, employment and wages
by Tse, Chung Yi
2002, Volume 9, Issue 4
- 451-468 Can equity and efficiency complement each other?
by Blank, Rebecca M.
- 469-476 Worker absenteeism: a discrete hazard model with bivariate heterogeneity
by Barmby, Tim
- 477-496 Earnings dynamics and uncertainty in Italy: how do they differ between the private and public sectors?
by Cappellari, Lorenzo
- 497-512 On dismissal pay
by Goerke, Laszlo
- 513-529 Wage differentials and mobility in the urban labour market: a panel data analysis for Mexico
by Gong, Xiaodong & van Soest, Arthur
- 531-546 Complexity, wages, and the O-ring production function: evidence from Finnish panel data
by Pekkarinen, Tuomas
- 547-561 Union effects on pay levels in Britain
by Forth, John & Millward, Neil
- 563-577 Wage mobility in Austria 1986-1996
by Hofer, Helmut & Weber, Andrea
2002, Volume 9, Issue 3
- 341-360 Wage equations, wage curves and all that
by Bell, Brian & Nickell, Stephen & Quintini, Glenda
- 361-373 Dress for success--does primping pay?
by Hamermesh, Daniel S. & Meng, Xin & Zhang, Junsen
- 375-404 Matching, human capital, and the covariance structure of earnings
by Parent, Daniel
- 405-432 Disability and the labor force participation of older men in Canada
by Campolieti, Michele
- 433-450 The effect of training on search durations: a random effects approach
by Holm, Anders
2002, Volume 9, Issue 2
- 137-141 Introduction
by Smith, Jeffrey
- 143-186 An evaluation of public employment programmes in the East German State of Sachsen-Anhalt
by Eichler, Martin & Lechner, Michael
- 187-206 A nonexperimental evaluation of training programs for the unemployed in Sweden
by Regner, Hakan
- 207-247 Labour market training in Norway--effect on earnings
by Raaum, Oddbjorn & Torp, Hege
- 249-278 Alternative methods of estimating program effects in event history models
by Eberwein, Curtis & Ham, John C. & LaLonde, Robert J.
- 279-301 Screening (and creaming?) applicants to job training programs: the AFDC homemaker-home health aide demonstrations
by Bell, Stephen H. & Orr, Larry L.
- 303-339 Correcting estimates of expected durations from discrete-time hazard models
by Eberwein, Curtis
2002, Volume 9, Issue 1
- 1-16 Estimates of the economic return to schooling for 28 countries
by Trostel, Philip & Walker, Ian & Woolley, Paul
- 17-61 Wage formation and recurrent unemployment
by Assaad, Ragui & Tunali, Insan
- 63-91 Temporary jobs, employment protection and labor market performance
by Cahuc, Pierre & Postel-Vinay, Fabien
- 93-123 Reservation wages and working hours for recently unemployed US women
by Gorgens, Tue
- 125-131 Contribution, attribution and the allocation of intellectual property rights: economics versus agricultural economics
by Laband, David N.
- 133-135 Erratum to "The internal economics of the firm: further evidence from personnel data" [Labour Economics 8 (2001) 531-552]
by Treble, John & van Gameren, Edwin & Bridges, Sarah & Barmby, Tim
2001, Volume 8, Issue 6
- 621-648 Household production, full consumption and the costs of children
by Apps, Patricia & Rees, Ray
- 649-665 Is literacy shared within households? Theory and evidence for Bangladesh
by Basu, Kaushik & Narayan, Ambar & Ravallion, Martin
- 667-689 Pensions: theories of underfunding
by Cooper, Russell W. & Ross, Thomas W.
- 691-720 Overtime pay regulation and weekly hours of work in Canada
by Friesen, Jane
- 721-744 Taxes on labour and unemployment in a shirking model with union bargaining
by Altenburg, Lutz & Straub, Martin
2001, Volume 8, Issue 5
- 531-552 The internal economics of the firm: further evidence from personnel data
by Treble, John & van Gameren, Edwin & Bridges, Sarah & Barmby, Tim
- 553-571 Searching, hiring and labour market conditions
by Russo, Giovanni & Gorter, Cees & Schettkat, Ronald
- 573-592 Repeated bargaining and the role of impatience and incomplete contracting
by Eberwein, Curtis J.
- 593-620 Female labor market transitions and the timing of births: a simultaneous analysis of the effects of schooling
by Bloemen, Hans & Kalwij, Adriaan S.
2001, Volume 8, Issue 4
- 419-442 Three observations on wages and measured cognitive ability
by Cawley, John & Heckman, James & Vytlacil, Edward
- 443-462 Firms' human capital, R&D and performance: a study on French and Swedish firms
by Ballot, Gerard & Fakhfakh, Fathi & Taymaz, Erol
- 463-473 Natural inequality, production and economic growth
by Epstein, Gil S. & Spiegel, Uriel
- 475-501 An analysis of labour adjustment costs in unionized economies
by Modesto, Leonor & Thomas, Jonathan P.
- 503-530 Co-authorship and the output of academic economists
by Hollis, Aidan
2001, Volume 8, Issue 3
- 313-333 Externalities in the matching of workers and firms in ritain
by Burgess, Simon & Profit, Stefan
- 335-357 Estimating the probability of a match using microeconomic data for the youth labour market
by Andrews, Martyn J. & Bradley, Steve & Upward, Richard
- 359-387 Productivity, seniority and wages: new evidence from personnel data
by Flabbi, Luca & Ichino, Andrea
- 389-416 A supply and demand model of co-worker, employer and customer discrimination
by Bodvarsson, Orn B. & Partridge, Mark D.
2001, Volume 8, Issue 2
- 131-159 Employment protection
by Pissarides, Christopher A.
- 161-180 Employer learning and the returns to schooling
by Bauer, Thomas K. & Haisken-DeNew, John P.
- 181-202 The incentive for working hard: explaining hours worked differences in the US and Germany
by Bell, Linda A. & Freeman, Richard B.
- 203-222 The impacts of minimum competency exam graduation requirements on high school graduation, college attendance and early labor market success
by Bishop, John H. & Mane, Ferran
- 223-242 What really matters in a job? Hedonic measurement using quit data
by Clark, Andrew E.
- 243-258 Wages, work intensity and unemployment in Japan, UK and USA
by Darby, Julia & Hart, Robert A. & Vecchi, Michela
- 259-289 The sources of unemployment fluctuations: an empirical application to the Italian case
by Fabiani, Silvia & Locarno, Alberto & Oneto, Gian Paolo & Sestito, Paolo
- 291-308 The intensification of work in Europe
by Green, Francis & McIntosh, Steven
2001, Volume 8, Issue 1
- 1-14 Churning dynamics: an analysis of hires and separations at the employer level
by Burgess, Simon & Lane, Julia & Stevens, David
- 15-41 Estimating wage losses of displaced workers in Germany
by Burda, Michael C. & Mertens, Antje
- 43-73 Occupational structure, technological innovation, and reorganization of production
by Aguirregabiria, Victor & Alonso-Borrego, Cesar
- 75-102 Equilibrium unemployment and wage formation with matching frictions and worker moral hazard
by Rocheteau, Guillaume
- 103-129 Widening differences in Italian regional unemployment
by Brunello, Giorgio & Lupi, Claudio & Ordine, Patrizia
2000, Volume 7, Issue 6
- 689-710 Parenthood and the earnings of married men and women
by Lundberg, Shelly & Rose, Elaina
- 711-728 Intersectoral labour reallocations and unemployment in Italy
by Garonna, Paolo & Sica, Francesca G. M.
- 729-750 The effect of the minimum wage on employment and hours
by Zavodny, Madeline
- 751-783 Some deadweight losses from the minimum wage: the cases of full and partial compliance
by Palda, Filip
- 785-796 Reapplication and extension: intergenerational mobility in the United States
by Aughinbaugh, Alison
2000, Volume 7, Issue 5
- 463-469 Editor's note
by Kuhn, Peter
- 471-505 Self-employment in OECD countries
by Blanchflower, David G.
- 507-544 Taxes, economic conditions and recent trends in male self-employment: a Canada-US comparison
by Schuetze, Herb J.
- 545-574 Effects of the United States tax system on transitions into self-employment
by Bruce, Donald
- 575-601 Business start-ups or disguised unemployment? Evidence on the character of self-employment from transition economies
by Earle, John S. & Sakova, Zuzana
- 603-628 Pushed out or pulled in? Self-employment among ethnic minorities in England and Wales
by Clark, Kenneth & Drinkwater, Stephen
- 629-663 Business start-ups by the unemployed -- an econometric analysis based on firm data
by Pfeiffer, Friedhelm & Reize, Frank
- 665-687 Consequences of self-employment for women and men in the United States
by Williams, Donald R.
2000, Volume 7, Issue 4
- 373-384 The sale of relational capital through tenure profiles and tournaments
by Frijters, Paul
- 385-407 Relative deprivation in rank-order tournaments
by Krakel, Matthias
- 409-426 An examination of cross-country differences in the gender gap in labor force participation rates
by Antecol, Heather
- 427-448 The impact of welfare reform on labour supply behaviour in New Zealand
by Maloney, Tim
- 449-462 Verifiable wage offers and recontracting: effect on wage and consumption profiles
by Lam, Kit-Chun & Liu, Pak-Wai
2000, Volume 7, Issue 3
- 249-260 Short-term or long-term labor contracts
by Barcena-Ruiz, Juan Carlos & Campo, Maria Luz
- 261-281 Endogenous scope of bargaining in a union-oligopoly model: when will firms and unions bargain over employment?
by Petrakis, Emmanuel & Vlassis, Minas
- 283-295 On the structure of unemployment benefits in shirking models
by Goerke, Laszlo
- 297-312 A model of labour supply with job offer restrictions
by Bloemen, Hans G.
- 313-334 Monopsonistic competition for the "best" workers1
by Fiorillo, Fabio & Santacroce, Stefano & Staffolani, Stefano
- 335-347 Ambiguous effects of tax progressivity -- theory and Danish evidence
by Hansen, Claus Thustrup & Pedersen, Lars Haagen & Slok, Torsten