Journal of Corporate Finance
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcorpfin
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: A. Poulsen
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:corfin
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2000, Volume 6, Issue 2
- 215-239 Golden parachutes and managerial incentives in corporate acquisitions: evidence from the 1980s and 1990s
by Lefanowicz, Craig E. & Robinson, John R. & Smith, Reed
2000, Volume 6, Issue 1
- 1-24 Cooperation via contract: An analysis of research and development agreements
by Ciccotello, Conrad S. & Hornyak, Martin J.
- 25-53 Insider trading and the long-run performance of new security issues
by Kahle, Kathleen M.
- 55-70 Managerial ownership, board structure, and the division of gains in divestitures
by Hanson, Robert C. & Song, Moon H.
- 71-110 Do occupational pension funds monitor companies in which they hold large stakes?
by Faccio, Mara & Lasfer, M. Ameziane
1999, Volume 5, Issue 4
- 303-321 The timeliness of performance information in determining executive compensation
by Hallock, Kevin F. & Oyer, Paul
- 323-339 Managerial ownership and firm performance: A re-examination using productivity measurement
by Palia, Darius & Lichtenberg, Frank
- 341-368 Management succession and financial performance of family controlled firms
by Smith, Brian F. & Amoako-Adu, Ben
- 369-382 Greenmail premia, board composition and management shareholdings
by Manry, David & Nathan, Kevin
1999, Volume 5, Issue 3
- 209-225 A theoretical analysis of the liquidity risk premium embedded in the prices of voting and non-voting stocks
by Beiner, Nicole & Gibson, Rajna
- 227-250 On executives of financial institutions as outside directors
by Booth, James R. & Deli, Daniel N.
- 251-276 Derivative activities and managerial incentives in the banking industry
by Whidbee, David A. & Wohar, Mark
- 277-301 Executive compensation and managerial incentives: A comparison between Canada and the United States1
by Zhou, Xianming
1999, Volume 5, Issue 2
- 103-117 Institutional ownership and firm performance: The case of bidder returns
by Duggal, Rakesh & Millar, James A.
- 119-140 Corporate governance, ownership dispersion and efficiency: Empirical evidence from Austrian cooperative banking
by Gorton, Gary & Schmid, Frank
- 141-168 Growth opportunities, capital structure and dividend policies in Japan
by Gul, Ferdinand A.
- 169-191 Financing constraints and internal capital markets: Evidence from Korean 'chaebols'
by Shin, Hyun-Han & Park, Young S.
- 193-208 Capital structure with dividend restrictions
by Wald, John
1999, Volume 5, Issue 1
- 1-34 Why do corporations become criminals? Ownership, hidden actions, and crime as an agency cost
by Alexander, Cindy R. & Cohen, Mark A.
- 35-54 Corporate ownership and the value of a vote in an emerging market
by Chung, Kee H. & Kim, Jeong-Kuk
- 55-78 The interest rate swap: Theory and evidence
by Saunders, Kent T.
- 79-101 Managerial ownership and the performance of firms: Evidence from the UK
by Short, Helen & Keasey, Kevin
1998, Volume 4, Issue 4
- 301-320 A corporate bond innovation of the 90s: The clawback provision in high-yield debt
by Goyal, Vidhan K. & Gollapudi, Neela & Ogden, Joseph P.
- 321-345 Transaction costs, quality, and economies of scale: examining contracting choices in the hospital industry
by Coles, Jerilyn W. & Hesterly, William S.
- 347-371 On the uses of corporate governance provisions
by Danielson, Morris G. & Karpoff, Jonathan M.
- 373-398 Financial reporting and information asymmetry: an empirical analysis of the SEC's information-supplying exemption for foreign companies
by Alford, Andrew W. & Jones, Jonathan D.
1998, Volume 4, Issue 3
- 209-240 Executive compensation of large acquirors in the 1980s
by Khorana, Ajay & Zenner, Marc
- 241-263 Insider reputation and selling decisions: the unwinding of venture capital investments during equity IPOs
by Lin, Timothy H. & Smith, Richard L.
- 265-299 Organization structure, contract design and government ownership: A clinical analysis of German privatization1
by Dyck, I. J. Alexander & Wruck, Karen Hopper
1998, Volume 4, Issue 2
- 107-131 Security design and the allocation of voting rights: Evidence from the Australian IPO market
by Taylor, Stephen & Whittred, Greg
- 133-152 A model of complex equity funding for contingent acquisitions - a case study of non-interest bearing convertible unsecured loan stock
by Hillier, David & Marshall, Andrew P.
- 153-184 R&D budgets and corporate earnings targets
by Bange, Mary M. & De Bondt, Werner F. M.
- 185-207 Performance following convertible bond issuance
by Lee, Inmoo & Loughran, Tim
1998, Volume 4, Issue 1
- 1-29 Income smoothing and underperformance in initial public offerings
by Chaney, Paul K. & Lewis, Craig M.
- 31-52 The performance of international joint ventures: A study of the merchant banking industry in Singapore
by Alford, Andrew & Healy, Paul & Hwa, Ng Kah
- 53-70 Board effectiveness and board dissent: A model of the board's relationship to management and shareholders
by Warther, Vincent A.
- 71-85 An options-based model of equilibrium credit rationing
by Mason, Robin
- 87-106 Internal financing of multinational subsidiaries: Debt vs. equity1
by Chowdhry, Bhagwan & Coval, Joshua D.
1997, Volume 3, Issue 4
- 299-323 Are liquidity and corporate control priced by shareholders? Empirical evidence from Swiss dual class shares
by Gardiol, Lucien & Gibson-Asner, Rajna & Tuchschmid, Nils S.
- 325-354 To live or let die? An empirical analysis of piecemeal voluntary corporate liquidations
by Erwin, Gayle R. & McConnell, John J.
- 355-366 Debt and equity as optimal contracts
by Santos, Joao C.
1997, Volume 3, Issue 3
- 189-220 Leadership structure: Separating the CEO and Chairman of the Board
by Brickley, James A. & Coles, Jeffrey L. & Jarrell, Gregg
- 221-249 Heterogeneous shareholders and signaling with share repurchases
by Persons, John C.
- 251-275 Overallotment option restrictions and contract choice in initial public offerings
by Dunbar, Craig G.
- 277-297 In defense of defensive measures
by Sarig, Oded H. & Talmor, Eli
1997, Volume 3, Issue 2
- 89-111 New evidence on the effects of federal regulations on insider trading: The Insider Trading and Securities Fraud Enforcement Act (ITSFEA)
by Garfinkel, Jon A.
- 113-139 Boards of directors and capital structure: Alternative forms of corporate restructuring
by Maug, Ernst
- 141-165 Capital structure, asset structure and equity takeover premiums in cash tender offers
by Billett, Matthew T. & Ryngaert, Mike
- 167-188 The effect of stock splits on the ownership structure of firms
by Mukherji, Sandip & Kim, Yong H. & Walker, Michael C.
1996, Volume 3, Issue 1
- 1-22 Financial innovation and investor wealth: A study of the poison put in convertible bonds
by Nanda, Vikram & Yun, Youngkeol
- 23-43 The impact of the nature and sequence of multiple bids in corporate control contests
by Banerjee, Ajeyo & Owers, James E.
- 45-73 Concentration of voting rights and board resistance to takeover bids
by St-Pierre, Josee & Gagnon, Jean-Marie & Saint-Pierre, Jacques
- 75-87 Fiduciary responsibility and bank-firm relationships: An analysis of shareholder voting by banks
by Payne, Thomas H. & Millar, James A. & William Glezen, G.
1996, Volume 2, Issue 4
- 317-334 Futures trading and supply contracting in the oil refining industry
by Sykuta, Michael E.
- 335-358 Executive compensation and dividend policy
by White, Lourdes Ferreira
- 359-381 International differences in oversubscription and underpricing of IPOs
by Chowdhry, Bhagwan & Sherman, Ann
1996, Volume 2, Issue 3
- 227-259 Equity offerings following the IPO theory and evidence
by Welch, Ivo
- 261-282 Effects of competition on bidder returns
by De, Sankar & Fedenia, Mark & Triantis, Alexander J.
- 283-299 Financial information disclosure, union power, and integration
by Mori, Pier Angelo
- 301-316 Changes in ownership structure and the value of the firm: The case of mutual-to-stock converting thrift institutions
by Aharony, Joseph & Falk, Haim & Lin, Chan-Jane
1995, Volume 2, Issue 1-2
- 1-7 Franchise contracting, organization, and regulation: Introduction
by Lafontaine, Francice & Masten, Scott E.
- 9-37 The economics of franchise contracts
by Klein, Benjamin
- 39-74 The role of risk in franchising
by Lafontaine, Francine & Bhattacharyya, Sugato
- 75-101 Is franchising a capital structure issue?
by Norton, Seth W.
- 103-131 Ownership rights and incentives in franchising
by Lutz, Nancy A.
- 133-155 Returns to franchising
by Michael, Steven C. & Moore, Hollie J.
- 157-197 The foundations of franchise regulation: Issues and evidence
by Howard Beales, J. III & Muris, Timothy J.
- 199-225 Tying, franchising, and gasoline service stations
by Marvel, Howard P.
1995, Volume 1, Issue 3-4
- 283-318 Determinants of conglomerate and predatory acquisitions: evidence from the 1960s
by Barber, Brad M. & Palmer, Donald & Wallace, James
- 319-345 Earnings management and firm valuation under asymmetric information
by Chaney, Paul K. & Lewis, Craig M.
- 347-365 Adverse selection and the costs of financial distress
by Detragiache, Enrica
- 367-382 State takeover legislation and share values: The wealth effects of Pennsylvania's Act 36
by Karpoff, Jonathan M. & Malatesta, Paul H.
- 383-412 Corporate takeovers, firm performance, and board composition
by Kini, Omesh & Kracaw, William & Mian, Shehzad
- 413-435 Measuring managerial equity ownership: a comparison of sources of ownership data
by Kole, Stacey R.
1994, Volume 1, Issue 2
- 139-174 The economics of corporate governance: Beyond the Marshallian firm
by Garvey, Gerald T. & Swan, Peter L.
- 175-199 The consequences of unbundling managers' voting rights and equity claims
by Mikkelson, Wayne H. & Partch, M. Megan
- 201-231 The causes and consequences of takeover defense: Evidence from greenmail
by Bhagat, Sanjai & Jefferis, Richard Jr.
- 233-257 Asset sales by financially distressed firms
by Brown, David T. & James, Christopher M. & Mooradian, Robert M.
- 259-281 Financing of multinational subsidiaries: Parent debt vs. external debt
by Chowdhry, Bhagwan & Nanda, Vikram
1994, Volume 1, Issue 1
- 1-3 Statement by the editors
by Lehn, Kenneth & Marr, Wayne
- 5-31 Corporate voting: Evidence from charter amendment proposals
by Brickley, James A. & Lease, Ronald C. & Smith, Clifford Jr.
- 33-62 Managerial shareownership, voting power, and cash dividend policy
by Espen Eckbo, B. & Verma, Savita
- 63-90 Managerial performance, boards of directors and takeover bidding
by Hirshleifer, David & Thakor, Anjan V.
- 91-118 Majority owner-managers and organizational efficiency
by Denis, David J. & Denis, Diane K.
- 119-138 An empirical examination of organizational structure: The economics of the factoring decision
by Smith, Janet Kiholm & Schnucker, Christjahn