Die Entwicklung der Lohnstruktur im ostdeutschen Transformationsprozeß
AbstractThe development and the structure of the distribution of hourly wages in Eastem Germany between 1990 and 1994 are analysed on the basis of the German Socio-Economic Panel (GSOEP). To this end, we first calculate standard measures of inequality and decompose the changes in the inequality of hourly wages into the changes between and within socio-economic groups. The economic factors discussed in the literature as infIuencing the distribution of hourly wages are summarized and analysed by way of empirical wage equations. In the discussion of our results, we focus on the human capital effects of the transition process and the impacts of the industrial structure on wages. --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research in its series ZEW Discussion Papers with number 96-03.
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- P51 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wolfgang HAERDLE & Marlene MUELLER, . "Nichtparametrische Glaettungsmethoden in der alltaeglichen statistischen Praxis," Statistic und Oekonometrie 9208, Humboldt Universitaet Berlin.
- Edward J. Bird & Johannes Schwarze & Gert Wagner, 1994. "Wage effects of the move toward free markets in East Germany," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 47(3), pages 390-400, April.
- Sinn, Gerlinde & Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1992. "Kaltstart. Volkswirtschaftliche Aspekte der Deutschen Vereinigung," Monograph, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, edition 2, number urn:isbn:9783161459429, February.
- Lawrence F. Katz, 1986.
"Efficiency Wage Theories: A Partial Evaluation,"
NBER Working Papers
1906, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Burda, Michael C & Funke, Michael, 1991.
"German Trade Unions After Unification: Third Degree Wage Discriminating Monopolists?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
573, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael Burda & Michael Funke, 1993. "German trade unions after unification — Third degree wage discriminating monopolists?," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 129(3), pages 537-560, September.
- Beblo, Miriam & Collier, Irwin L. & Knaus, Thomas, 2001. "The unification bonus (malus) in postwall Eastern Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 01-29, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.