Network Structure of Japanese Firms Hierarchy and Degree Correlation: Analysis from 800,000 Firms
AbstractWe found hierarchical structure and negative degree correlation in firms' transaction network. The network consists of 800,000 Japanese firms. We also summarize other features of the network and discuss why studying network structure is important. We also found scale free distribution in undirected network. --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Kiel Institute for the World Economy in its series Economics Discussion Papers with number 2008-39.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Network of firms; scale free network; complex network; hierarchy; degree correlation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-01-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2009-01-03 (Business Economics)
- NEP-NET-2009-01-03 (Network Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- SAITO (UMENO) Yukiko & WATANABE Tsutomu & IWAMURA Mitsuru, 2007.
"Do Larger Firms Have More Interfirm Relationships?,"
Discussion papers, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI)
07028, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Saito, Yukiko Umeno & Watanabe, Tsutomu & Iwamura, Mitsuru, 2007. "Do larger firms have more interfirm relationships?," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 383(1), pages 158-163.
- Masanao Aoki, . "Reconstructing Macroeconomics: A Perspective from Statistical Physics and Combinatorial Stochastic Processes," UCLA Economics Online Papers, UCLA Department of Economics 390, UCLA Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.