Superstatistics of Labour Productivity in Manufacturing and Nonmanufacturing Sectors
AbstractLabour productivity distribution (dispersion) is studied both theoretically and empirically. Superstatistics is presented as a natural theoretical framework for productivity. The demand index ê is proposed within this framework as a new business index. Japanese productivity data covering small-to-medium to large firms from 1996 to 2006 is analyzed and the power-law for both firms and workers is established. The demand index ê is evaluated in the manufacturing sector. A new discovery is reported for the nonmanufacturing (service) sector, which calls for expansion of the superstatistics framework to negative temperature range. --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Kiel Institute for the World Economy in its series Economics Discussion Papers with number 2008-42.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Labour productivity; superstatistics; Pareto's law; Business Cycle; demand index;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E10 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - General
- O40 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
- E30 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hideaki Aoyama & Hiroshi Yoshikawa & Hiroshi Iyetomi & Yoshi Fujiwara, 2008. "Labour Productivity Superstatistics," Papers 0809.3541, arXiv.org.
- AOYAMA Hideaki & YOSHIKAWA Hiroshi & IYETOMI Hiroshi & FUJIWARA Yoshi, 2008. "Productivity Dispersion: Facts, Theory, and Implications," Discussion papers 08035, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Yuichi Ikeda & Wataru Souma, 2008. "International Comparison of Labor Productivity Distribution for Manufacturing and Non-Manufacturing Firms," Papers 0812.0208, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2008.
- Masanao Aoki, . "Reconstructing Macroeconomics: A Perspective from Statistical Physics and Combinatorial Stochastic Processes," UCLA Economics Online Papers 390, UCLA Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.