Women empowerment in Portuguese rural municipalities: Outcomes from a project
AbstractThe work presented here is based in a set of outcomes from a project developed in four rural municipalities of the center of Portugal, with the names Vouzela, Mangualde, Seia and Guarda. This project was supported by the National Support Reference Framework (NSRF) and had the objective of the women empowerment. The NSRF is a framework financed by Portuguese and European funds and has a duration from 2007 to 2013. The objective of this work is, using the information that it was possible obtain with this project, to analyze the dynamics, essentially, of the women in rural areas, namely at the empowerment level. For that it was examined, specifically, the expectations of different groups of namely women about the possibility of valorization and more society participation at several levels. It is possible to conclude about the weak expectations of public in general in the rural zones about the possibilities of empowerment, namely because social, cultural and economic contexts. --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by ZBW - German National Library of Economics in its series EconStor Preprints with number 64806.
Date of creation: 10 Oct 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Düsternbrooker Weg 120, 24105 Kiel / Neuer Jungfernstieg 21, 20354 Hamburg
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 8814-520
Web page: http://www.econstor.eu/
More information through EDIRC
Women empowerment; rural municipalities; women expectations; internal and external contexts;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R00 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General - - - General
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Social and Economic Stratification
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Laurent Toulemon, 2011. "Should governments in Europe be more aggressive in pushing for gender equality to raise fertility? The first "YES"," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 24(7), pages 179-200, February.
- Ambe Njoh & Fenda Akiwumi, 2012. "The Impact of Religion on Women Empowerment as a Millennium Development Goal in Africa," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 107(1), pages 1-18, May.
- Luuk Kempen, 2009. "The ‘Downside’ of Women Empowerment in India: An Experimental Inquiry into the Role of Expectations," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 94(3), pages 465-482, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.