Analysis and measurement of interactions in European Innovation
AbstractInnovation Systems constitute an analysis framework, which allows comprehending the socio-economic structure of a territory. It consists of analyzing the existence of actors such as government institutions, clusters, universities, industries… their main competences, and the interactions into Innovation Networks among them. Thus, authorities (regional, national, local…) are endowed of a tool that allows the creation and development of competitive and efficient Innovation Systems. In this context, and due to the importance of interactions inside Innovation Systems, the present research intends to contribute a methodology which helps us to analyze and measure these interactions produced within Innovation Networks. The methodology developed will be tested in a sector which is present in several European Territories. This way, not only the measures defined but also the differences among the Networks analyzed will be observed and tested.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Urban/Regional with number 0503003.
Length: 50 pages
Date of creation: 11 Mar 2005
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 50. Paper presented at the “Economics of Technological and Institutional Change” Doctoral Training Program ETIC 2004 Maastricht, October 11th-22th, 2004
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://126.96.36.199
Innovation Systems; Interactions; Innovation Networks; Measures.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-04-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2005-04-16 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-INO-2005-04-16 (Innovation)
- NEP-NET-2005-04-16 (Network Economics)
- NEP-TID-2005-04-16 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arne Isaksen & Bjørn T. Asheim, . "Location, agglomeration and innovation: Towards regional innovation systems in Norway?," STEP Report series 199613, The STEP Group, Studies in technology, innovation and economic policy.
- Belussi, Fiorenza & Arcangeli, Fabio, 1998. "A typology of networks: flexible and evolutionary firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 415-428, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.