Value-at-Risk and Expected Shortfall for Linear Portfolios with elliptically distributed RisK Factors
AbstractIn this paper, we generalize the parametric Delta-VaR method from portfolios with normally distributed risk factors to portfolios with elliptically distributed ones. We treat both expected shortfall and the Value-at-Risk of such portfolios. Special attention is given to the particular case of a multivariate t-distribution.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Risk and Insurance with number 0403001.
Length: 15 pages
Date of creation: 15 Mar 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 15 . This paper is accepted to be presented to third Bachelier Congress in USA, 21-24 July 2004. The revised version will appear to IJTAF.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://126.96.36.199
Delta Elliptic VaR; Delta Elliptic ES; Delta Student VaR; Delta Student ES;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jose A. Lopez & Christian A. Walter, 2000. "Evaluating covariance matrix forecasts in a value-at-risk framework," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 2000-21, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Jun Pan & Darrell Duffie, 2001. "Analytical value-at-risk with jumps and credit risk," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 155-180.
- R. Brummelhuis & A. Cãrdoba & M. Quintanilla & L. Seco, 2002. "Principal Component Value at Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(1), pages 23-43.
- Jules SADEFO KAMDEM, 2004. "Value-at-Risk and Expected Shortfall for Quadratic Portfolio of Securities with Mixture of Elliptic Distribution Risk Factors," Computing in Economics and Finance 2004 12, Society for Computational Economics.
- SADEFO KAMDEM Jules, 2004. "VaR and ES for Linear Portfolios with mixture of Generalized Laplace Distributed Risk Factors," Risk and Insurance 0406001, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.