Inequality of the Distribution of Personal Wealth in Germany 1973-1998
AbstractThis paper attempts to define financial globalization as a process whereby financial markets internationally are integrated so closely that they can be considered as a single market. The process, viewed as a by- product of financial liberalization, is only a necessary condition for financial globalization, however. The sufficient condition is the creation of world-wide single currency, managed and regulated by a single international monetary authority. The system itself needs to be managed carefully to avoid the kind of crises countries have experienced over the last 30 years or so. This sufficient condition has not yet been met.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Microeconomics with number 0401005.
Date of creation: 16 Jan 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; to print on 39
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://220.127.116.11
Personal wealth distribution; Germany; inequality; household wealth; disposable wealth of age groups; disposable wealth of pseuda- cohorts;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-01-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2004-01-18 (European Economics)
- NEP-HIS-2004-01-18 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-IFN-2004-01-18 (International Finance)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Reil-Held, Anette, 2000. "Einkommen und Sterblichkeit in Deutschland : Leben Reiche länger?," Discussion Papers 580, Institut fuer Volkswirtschaftslehre und Statistik, Abteilung fuer Volkswirtschaftslehre.
- Davies, James B. & Shorrocks, Anthony F., 2000. "The distribution of wealth," Handbook of Income Distribution, in: A.B. Atkinson & F. Bourguignon (ed.), Handbook of Income Distribution, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 11, pages 605-675 Elsevier.
- Reil-Held, Anette, 2000. "Einkommen und Sterblichkeit in Deutschland: Leben Reiche länger?," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 00-14, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim & Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Burkhauser, Richard V & Frick, Joachim R & Schwarze, Johannes, 1997. "A Comparison of Alternative Measures of Economic Well-Being for Germany and the United States," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 43(2), pages 153-71, June.
- Wolff, Edward N, 1996. "International Comparisons of Wealth Inequality," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 42(4), pages 433-51, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.