Intra-industry Trade Between the United States and Mexico: 1993- 1998
AbstractChanges in the trade of manufactured goods between the United States and Mexico are examined during the first 5 years of the North American Free Trade Agreement implementation period. Most industries exhibit large increases in intra-industry trade. An examination of intra-industry specialization indexes indicates that there are few industries in either country are candidates for significant adjustment problems. The results imply that there are relatively few major risks associated with greater regional economic integration in North America.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series International Trade with number 0407007.
Length: 18 pages
Date of creation: 20 Jul 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - doc; pages: 18
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://188.8.131.52
NAFTA; Intra-Industry Trade; Trade Adjustment;
Other versions of this item:
- Don P. Clark & Thomas M. Fullerton, Jr. & Duane Burdorf, 2001. "Intra-industry trade between The United States and México: 1993-1998," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 16(2), pages 167-183.
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas M Fullerton Jr & W Charles Sawyer & Richard L Sprinkle, 2004.
"Functional Form for United States - Mexico Trade Equations,"
- Thomas M. Fullerton, Jr. & W. Charles Sowyer & Richard L. Sprinkle, 1997. "Functional form for United States-México trade equations," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 12(1), pages 23-35.
- A.K.M. Azhar & R.J.R. Elliott & C.R. Milner,, .
"Static and Dynamic Measurement of Intra-Industry Trade and Adjustment: A Geometric Reappraisal,"
97/13, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Abdul Azhar & Robert Elliott & Chris Milner, 1998. "Static and dynamic measurement of intra-industry trade and adjustment: A geometric reappraisal," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 134(3), pages 404-422, September.
- Rudolf M. Buitelaar & Ramón Padilla, 1996. "El comercio intraindustria de México con sus principales socios comerciales," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 11(1), pages 77-116.
- Steven Globerman, 1992. "North American trade liberalization and intra-industry trade," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 128(3), pages 487-497, September.
- Fullerton, Thomas M., Jr. & Sawyer, W. Charles & Sprinkle, Richard L., 2010.
"Intra-industry trade in Latin America and the Caribbean,"
34854, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
- Thomas Fullerton & W. Charles Sawyer & Richard Sprinkle, 2011. "Intra-Industry Trade in Latin America and the Caribbean," Working Papers 201103, Texas Christian University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.