New Product Development & Management Of Knowledge In Portuguese Higher Education
AbstractThis chapter uses key concepts in the knowledge management literature to analyse the procedures and practices used by a project management team to identify, create, store, disseminate, and apply knowledge management systems for successful project completion. This project allowed a long established participant to develop on-line delivery capabilities in Portuguese higher education. The case study suggests that, throughout the project, implementing effective knowledge management practices required that participants widened and deepened the required knowledge base in five distinct areas: project management, the team, product/solution, the companies involved in the project, and the interaction with the external environment. The analysis also suggests as key requirements for effective knowledge management those relating to trust between the parties, key knowledge workers, and heavy dependence on new information and communication technologies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Industrial Organization with number 0211019.
Length: 30 pages
Date of creation: 10 Nov 2002
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; to print on HP/PostScript/Franciscan monk; pages: 30
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://18.104.22.168
Knowledge management; e-Business; e-Learning; project management; new product development;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L - Industrial Organization
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-11-18 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Whitaker, Randall, 1996. "Managing context in enterprise knowledge processes," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 399-406, August.
- A. W. Coats, 1996. "Introduction," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 28(5), pages 3-11, Supplemen.
- Cooper, Robert G., 1990. "Stage-gate systems: A new tool for managing new products," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 44-54.
- Radetzki, Marian, 1996. "Editor's introduction," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-2), pages 1-4.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.