The Indian IPO Market: Empirical Facts
AbstractThis article studies India's vibrant IPO market, via a dataset of the 2056 IPOs which took place in the last 4.5 years. We study the overall underpricing, the delay between issue date and listing date, the time- series of monthly volume of IPO issues and average underpricing in a given month, the cross-section of underpricing across companies, the post-listing trading frequency, the long-run returns to new listings, and price discovery by the market shortly after first listing.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Finance with number 9507003.
Date of creation: 11 Jul 1995
Date of revision:
Note: Postscript. Also available as
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://126.96.36.199
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G - Financial Economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ritter, Jay R, 1991. " The Long-run Performance of Initial Public Offerings," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(1), pages 3-27, March.
- Ajay Shah, 1995. "The Indian IPO Market: Suggestions for Institutional Arrangements," Finance 9507004, EconWPA.
- Kumar G Arun & Pandey, Ajay, . "Relative Effectiveness of Signals in IPOs in Indian Capital Markets," IIMA Working Papers WP2001-09-03, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Aggarwal, Reena & Klapper, Leora, 2003. "Ownership structure and initial public offerings," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3103, The World Bank.
- Mayur, Manas & Kumar, Manoj, 2006. "An Empirical Investigation of Going Public Decision of Indian Companies," MPRA Paper 1801, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Subadar Agathee, Ushad & Brooks, Chris & Sannassee, Raja Vinesh, 2012. "Hot and cold IPO markets: The case of the Stock Exchange of Mauritius," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 168-192.
- Lane, Philip R. & Schmukler, Sergio L., 2007.
"The international financial integration of China and India,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4132, The World Bank.
- Philip R. Lane & Sergio L. Schmukler, 2006. "The international financial integration of China and India," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Jun.
- Lane, Philip R. & Schmukler, Sergio, 2006. "The International Financial Integration of China and India," CEPR Discussion Papers 5852, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.