Exponentially Damped Levy Flights, Multiscaling, and Slow Convergence in Stockmarkets
AbstractWe have previously examined the role of autocorrelations in the sum of stochastic variables together with the existence of scaling power laws (Physica A 323 (2003) 601). Here we employ such an approach to analyze the sluggish convergence  in data coming from the S&P500 index. We also employ our suggested exponentially damped LÃ©vy flight  to assess the multiscaling properties in the data.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Finance with number 0405028.
Date of creation: 21 May 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://184.108.40.206
Other versions of this item:
- Gleria, Iram & Figueiredo, Annibal & Matsushita, Raul & Rathie, Pushpa & Da Silva, Sergio, 2004. "Exponentially damped Lévy flights, multiscaling and slow convergence in stockmarkets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 342(1), pages 200-206.
- G - Financial Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-06-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-ETS-2004-05-26 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-FIN-2004-06-02 (Finance)
- NEP-FMK-2004-06-02 (Financial Markets)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sergio Da Silva, 2004.
"Exponentially Damped Levy Flights,"
- Matsushita, Raul & Rathie, Pushpa & Da Silva, Sergio, 2003. "Exponentially damped Lévy flights," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 326(3), pages 544-555.
- Sergio Da Silva, 2004.
"Autocorrelation as a Source of Truncated Levy Flights in Foreign Exchange Rates,"
- Figueiredo, Annibal & Gleria, Iram & Matsushita, Raul & Da Silva, Sergio, 2003. "Autocorrelation as a source of truncated Lévy flights in foreign exchange rates," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 323(C), pages 601-625.
- da Silva, Roberto & Zembrzuski, Marcelo & Correa, Fabio C. & Lamb, Luis C., 2010. "Stock markets and criticality in the current economic crisis," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(23), pages 5460-5467.
- Tabak, B.M. & Takami, M.Y. & Cajueiro, D.O. & Petitinga, A., 2009. "Quantifying price fluctuations in the Brazilian stock market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(1), pages 59-62.
- Yang, Honglin & Wan, Hong & Zha, Yong, 2013. "Autocorrelation type, timescale and statistical property in financial time series," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(7), pages 1681-1693.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.