A Generalisation of Malliavin Weighted Scheme for Fast Computation of the Greeks
AbstractThis paper presented a new technique for the simulation of the Greeks (i.e. price sensitivities to parameters), efficient for strongly discontinuous payo¤ options. The use of Malliavin calculus, by means of an integration by parts, enables to shift the differentiation operator from the payo¤ function to the diffusion kernel, introducing a weighting function.(Fournie et al. (1999)). Expressing the weighting function as a Skorohod integral, we show how to characterize the integrand with necessary and sufficient conditions, giving a complete description of weighting function solutions. Interestingly, for adapted process, the Skorohod integral turns to be the classical Ito integral.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Finance with number 0212003.
Length: 126 pages
Date of creation: 21 Dec 2002
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - PDF; prepared on windows; pages: 126
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://126.96.36.199
Monte-Carlo; Quasi-Monte Carlo; Greeks; Malliavin Calculus; Wiener Chaos.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Harrison, J. Michael & Pliska, Stanley R., 1981. "Martingales and stochastic integrals in the theory of continuous trading," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 215-260, August.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Kreps, David M., 1979. "Martingales and arbitrage in multiperiod securities markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 381-408, June.
- Paul Glasserman & David D. Yao, 1992. "Some Guidelines and Guarantees for Common Random Numbers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(6), pages 884-908, June.
- Mark Broadie & Paul Glasserman, 1996. "Estimating Security Price Derivatives Using Simulation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(2), pages 269-285, February.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.