Local responses to a global monetary policy: The regional structure of financial systems
AbstractThis paper contrast the existence of different regional effects of an homogeneous monetary policy and study the local characteristics that underlie these differential responses. To this purpose I use regional data and estimate a structural vector autoregression model (VAR) to characterize the different regional responses. Afterwards I use the estimated responses to analyze if the responses depends on the regional characteristics of the financial system, like industry composition, firms size or banking sector composition.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European Regional Science Association in its series ERSA conference papers with number ersa98p249.
Date of creation: Aug 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Welthandelsplatz 1, 1020 Vienna, Austria
Web page: http://www.ersa.org
Other versions of this item:
- Juan J. de Lucio & Mario Izquierdo, 2002. "Local responses to a global monetary policy: The regional structure of financial systems," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 29(3), pages 205-221, September.
- Juan J. de Lucio & Mario Izquierdo, . "Local responses to a global monetary policy: The regional structure of financial systems," Working Papers 99-14, FEDEA.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bernanke, Ben S. & Mihov, Ilian, 1997.
"What does the Bundesbank target?,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 1025-1053, June.
- Ben Bernanke, 1990.
"The Federal Funds Rate and the Channels of Monetary Transnission,"
NBER Working Papers
3487, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernanke, Ben S & Blinder, Alan S, 1992. "The Federal Funds Rate and the Channels of Monetary Transmission," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 901-21, September.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Alan S. Blinder, 1989. "The federal funds rate and the channels of monetary transmission," Working Papers 89-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Gottfries, N. & Westermak, A., 1995.
"Nominal Wage Contracts and the Persistent Effects of Monetary Policy,"
Papers, Uppsala - Working Paper Series
1995-22, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Gottfries, Nils & Westermark, Andreas, 1998. "Nominal wage contracts and the persistent effects of monetary policy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 207-223, February.
- Anil K Kashyap & Jeremy C. Stein, 1994.
"The Impact of Monetary Policy on Bank Balance Sheets,"
NBER Working Papers
4821, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kashyap, Anil K. & Stein, Jeremy C., 1995. "The impact of monetary policy on bank balance sheets," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 151-195, June.
- Héctor Bravo L. & Carlos García T. & Verónica Mies M. & Matías Tapia G., 2003. "Heterogeneidad de la Transmisión Monetaria: Efectos Sectoriales y Regionales," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, Central Bank of Chile, vol. 6(3), pages 5-26, December.
- Massimo Caruso, 2006. "Monetary Policy Impulses, Local Output and the Transmission Mechanism," Giornale degli Economisti, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 65(1), pages 1-30, May.
- Massimo Caruso, 2004. "Monetary Policy Impulses, Local Output and the Transmission Mechanism," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers), Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area 537, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Ageliki Anagnostou & Stephanos Papadamou, 2012. "The effects of Monetary Policy shocks across the Greek Regions," ERSA conference papers, European Regional Science Association ersa12p507, European Regional Science Association.
- Igor Esteban Zuccardi Huertas, 2002. "Efectos regionales de la política monetaria en Colombia," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO SOBRE ECONOMÃA REGIONAL, BANCO DE LA REPÃBLICA - ECONOMÃA REGIONAL 002431, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ECONOMÍA REGIONAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.