Trade in Goods and Services between the EU and the BRICs
AbstractThis policy paper, prepared as part of the Background Study for the European Competitiveness Report 2009, analyses the external trade in goods and services between the EU and the BRICs. The paper starts with the analysis of the global position of the EU and the BRICs in world trade (using the IMF DOT and UN COMTRADE databases) and moves subsequently to a more detailed analysis of regional (individual EU countries' trade with the BRICs), commodity and industry-specific trade specialization patterns, using the Eurostat Comext database. The key features of services trade are addressed as well.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw in its series wiiw Research Reports with number 357.
Length: 46 pages including 12 Tables and 24 Figures
Date of creation: Nov 2009
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published as wiiw Research Report
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-12-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2009-12-19 (European Economics)
- NEP-INT-2009-12-19 (International Trade)
- NEP-TRA-2009-12-19 (Transition Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ursel Baumann & Filippo di Mauro, 2007. "Globalisation and euro area trade: Interactions and challenges," Occasional Paper Series, European Central Bank 55, European Central Bank.
- Peter K. Schott, 2006.
"The Relative Sophistication of Chinese Exports,"
NBER Working Papers
12173, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Julia Woerz & Olga Pindyuk, 2008. "Trade in Services: Note on the Measurement and Quality of Data Sources," FIW Research Reports series, FIW I-001, FIW.
- Michael Landesmann & Robert Stehrer, 2009. "South-North Integration, Outsourcing and Skills," wiiw Research Reports, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw 353, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Robert E. Lipsey, 2009.
"Measuring International Trade in Services,"
NBER Chapters, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc,
in: International Trade in Services and Intangibles in the Era of Globalization, pages 27-70
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dean, Judith & Fung, K.C. & Wang, Zhi, 2008. "How vertically specialized is Chinese trade?," BOFIT Discussion Papers, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition 31/2008, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Michael Peneder, 2003. "Industry Classifications: Aim, Scope and Techniques," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 109-129, March.
- Rupa Chanda, 2006. "Inter-modal Linkages in Services Trade," OECD Trade Policy Papers, OECD Publishing 30, OECD Publishing.
- Henk Kox & Hildegunn Kyvik Nordås, 2007.
"Services Trade and Domestic Regulation,"
OECD Trade Policy Papers, OECD Publishing
49, OECD Publishing.
- Amiti, Mary & Freund, Caroline, 2008.
"The anatomy of China's export growth,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series, The World Bank
4628, The World Bank.
- Mary Amiti & Caroline Freund, 2010. "The Anatomy of China's Export Growth," NBER Chapters, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, in: China's Growing Role in World Trade, pages 35-56 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guillaume Gaulier & Françoise Lemoine & Deniz Ünal, 2006.
"China’s Emergence and the Reorganisation of Trade Flows in Asia,"
Working Papers, CEPII research center
2006-05, CEPII research center.
- GAULIER, Guillaume & LEMOINE, Francoise & UNAL-KESENCI, Deniz, 2007. "China's emergence and the reorganisation of trade flows in Asia," China Economic Review, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 209-243.
- Tausch, Arno, 2013. "The hallmarks of crisis. A new center-periphery perspective on long cycles," MPRA Paper 48356, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ion Rosu-Hamzescu & Niculina Rosu-Hamzescu, 2011. "The Part Of Brics Countries In International Trade Exchanges," Annals of University of Craiova - Economic Sciences Series, University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 1(39), pages 124-131.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Customer service).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.