The new BIS effective exchange rate indices
AbstractThe BIS effective exchange rate (EER) indices have been expanded and updated. The new indices cover 52 economies based on a consistent methodology, and reflect recent developments in global trade by using time-varying weighting patterns. The newly calculated indices have been made available to the public on the BIS website.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Bank for International Settlements in its journal BIS Quarterly Review.
Volume (Year): (2006)
Issue (Month): (March)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Hargreaves & Bruce White, 1999. "Measures of New Zealand's effective exchange rate," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 62, September.
- Menzie Chinn, 2006.
"A Primer on Real Effective Exchange Rates: Determinants, Overvaluation, Trade Flows and Competitive Devaluation,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 115-143, January.
- Menzie D. Chinn, 2005. "A Primer on Real Effective Exchange Rates: Determinants, Overvaluation, Trade Flows and Competitive Devaluation," NBER Working Papers 11521, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elmar B Koch, 1984. "The measurement of effective exchange rates," BIS Working Papers 10, Bank for International Settlements.
- Luca Buldorini & Stelios Makrydakis & Christian Thimann, 2002. "The effective exchange rates of the euro," Occasional Paper Series 02, European Central Bank.
- Barry Eichengreen & Douglas A. Irwin, 2008. "International Economic Policy: Was There a Bush Doctrine?," NBER Working Papers 13831, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Su, Jen-Je & Cheung, Adrian (Wai-Kong) & Roca, Eduardo, 2014. "Does Purchasing Power Parity hold? New evidence from wild-bootstrapped nonlinear unit root tests in the presence of heteroskedasticity," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 161-171.
- Guonan Ma & Robert McCauley, 2010.
"The evolving renminbi regime and implications for Asian currency stability,"
BIS Working Papers
321, Bank for International Settlements.
- Ma, Guonan & McCauley, Robert N., 2011. "The evolving renminbi regime and implications for Asian currency stability," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 23-38, March.
- Michal Rubaszek, 2009.
"Economic convergence and the fundamental equilibrium exchange rate in Poland,"
Bank i Kredyt,
National Bank of Poland, Economic Institute, vol. 40(1), pages 7-22.
- Rubaszek, Michał, 2008. "Economic convergence and the fundamental equilibrium exchange rate in Poland," MPRA Paper 12910, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thapa, Chandra & Paudyal, Krishna & Neupane, Suman, 2013. "Access to information and international portfolio allocation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2255-2267.
- Couharde, Cécile & Coulibaly, Issiaka & Damette, Olivier, 2013. "Anchor currency and real exchange rate dynamics in the CFA Franc zone," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 722-732.
- Thapa, Chandra & Poshakwale, Sunil S., 2012. "Country-specific equity market characteristics and foreign equity portfolio allocation," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 189-211.
- J�n Steinsson, 2008.
"The Dynamic Behavior of the Real Exchange Rate in Sticky Price Models,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 98(1), pages 519-33, March.
- Jón Steinsson, 2008. "The Dynamic Behavior of the Real Exchange Rate in Sticky Price Models," NBER Working Papers 13910, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jon Steinsson, 2005. "The Dynamic Behavior of the Real Exchange Rate in Sticky Price Models," Economics wp28_jonst, Department of Economics, Central bank of Iceland.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/10028 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrea Fracasso & Stefano Schiavo, 2009. "Trade-imbalances networks and exchange rate adjustments: the paradox of a new Plaza. The XIVth Spring Meeting of Young Economists (SMYE-2009), Istanbul, April 2009," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/10028, Sciences Po.
- San Sau Fung & Marc Klau & Guonan Ma & Robert N. McCauley, 2006. "Estimation of Asian effective exchange rates: a technical note," BIS Working Papers 217, Bank for International Settlements.
- Julia Ferreira Torracca & David Kupfe, 2014. "A Evolução Da Taxa De Câmbio Efetiva Real Setorial E A Mudança Estrutural No Padrão De Comércio Da Indústria Brasileira," Anais do XLI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 41th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 114, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Timo Laurmaa).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.