The Role of Temporary Agency Employment in Tight Labor Markets
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research in its series Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles with number snhakge2003.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Note: Appears in Industrial and Labor Relations Review 57(1): 105-127
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 300 S. Westnedge Ave. Kalamazoo, MI 49007 USA
Web page: http://www.upjohn.org
More information through EDIRC
workers' compensation; disability; social security;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Garth L. Mangum & Donald Mayall & Kristin Nelson, 1985. "The temporary help industry: A response to the dual internal labor market," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 38(4), pages 599-611, July.
- Edward J. Schumacher, 2001. "The Earnings and employment of nurses in an era of cost containment," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 55(1), pages 116-132, October.
- Kandel, Eugene & Pearson, Neil D., 2001. "Flexibility versus Commitment in Personnel Management," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 515-556, December.
- Fred A. Bellemore, 1998. "Temporary Employment Decisions of Registered Nurses," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 24(3), pages 265-279, Summer.
- John T. Addison & Christopher J. Surfield, 2005.
"‘Atypical Work’ and Compensation,"
GEMF Working Papers
2005-14, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
- Andrew Goodman-Bacon & Yukako Ono, 2007. "Who are temporary nurses?," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q I, pages 2-13.
- Andersson Joona, Pernilla & Wadensjö, Eskil, 2012. "A Price for Flexibility? The Temp Agency Wage Gap in Sweden 1998-2008," IZA Discussion Papers 6587, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Peter R. Mueser & Kenneth R. Troske & Carolyn J. Heinrich, 2007.
"The Role of Temporary Help Employment in Low-wage Worker Advancement,"
0719, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Carolyn J. Heinrich & Peter R. Mueser & Kenneth R. Troske, 2009. "The Role of Temporary Help Employment in Low-Wage Worker Advancement," NBER Chapters, in: Studies of Labor Market Intermediation, pages 399-436 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carolyn J. Heinrich & Peter R. Mueser & Kenneth R. Troske, 2007. "The Role of Temporary Help Employment in Low-wage Worker Advancement," NBER Working Papers 13520, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.