The Financial Crisis of 2008 and the Developing Countries
AbstractFollowing the financial crisis that broke in the US and other Western economies in late 2008, there is now serious concern about its impact on the$
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER) in its series Working Paper Series with number UNU-WIDER Research Paper DP2009/01.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
financial crisis; developing countries; development finance; financial development;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2009-02-22 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2009-02-22 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-DEV-2009-02-22 (Development)
- NEP-FDG-2009-02-22 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-PKE-2009-02-22 (Post Keynesian Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chen, Shaohua & Ravallion, Martin, 2008.
"The developing world is poorer than we thought, but no less successful in the fight against poverty,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4703, The World Bank.
- Shaohua Chen & Martin Ravallion, 2010. "The Developing World Is Poorer Than We Thought, but No Less Successful in the Fight Against Poverty," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 125(4), pages 1577-1625, November.
- Fabian Valencia & Luc Laeven, 2008. "Systemic Banking Crises: A New Database," IMF Working Papers 08/224, International Monetary Fund.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Felton, Andrew, 2008. "The First Global Financial Crisis of the 21st Century," MPRA Paper 11862, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lars Jonung, 2008. "Lessons from Financial Liberalisation in Scandinavia," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 50(4), pages 564-598, December.
- John B. Taylor, 2009. "The Financial Crisis and the Policy Responses: An Empirical Analysis of What Went Wrong," NBER Working Papers 14631, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Dollar & Shang-Jin Wei, 2007.
"Das (Wasted) Kapital: Firm Ownership and Investment Efficiency in China,"
IMF Working Papers
07/9, International Monetary Fund.
- David Dollar & Shang-Jin Wei, 2007. "Das (Wasted) Kapital: Firm Ownership and Investment Efficiency in China," NBER Working Papers 13103, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frank Heinemann, 2008. "Escaping from a Combination of Liquidity Trap and Credit Crunch," CESifo Working Paper Series 2450, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ziesemer, Thomas H.W., 2010.
"The impact of the credit crisis on poor developing countries: Growth, worker remittances, accumulation and migration,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1230-1245, September.
- Ziesemer, Thomas, 2009. "The Impact of the Credit Crisis on Poor Developing Countries: Growth, worker remittances, accumulation and migration," MERIT Working Papers 026, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Ziesemer, Thomas, 2010. "The Impact of the Credit Crisis on Poor Developing Countries and the Role of China in Pulling and Crowding Us Out," MERIT Working Papers 004, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Filiz AGAOGLU, 2013. "Impact Of The International Financial Crisis On The Garantibank In Turkey And Romania," Network Intelligence Studies, Fundația Română pentru Inteligența Afacerii, Editorial Department, issue 2, pages 13-27, October.
- Tennant, David, 2011. "Factors impacting on whether and how businesses respond to early warning signs of financial and economic turmoil: Jamaican firms in the global crisis," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 63(5), pages 472-491, September.
- Cristina Tănăsescu, 2009. "The Global Financial Crisis: Some Special Features, Possible Responses," Journal of Information Systems & Operations Management, Romanian-American University, vol. 4(3), pages 97-102, September.
- John Weeks, 2009. "The Impact of the Global Financial Crisis on The Economy of Sierra Leone," Country Study 18, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Arjan de Haan, 2010. "A defining moment? China's social policy response to the financial crisis," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(6), pages 758-771.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.