Effects from trade with heterogeneous workers and minimum wages: numerical exercises
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics - dECON in its series Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) with number 1700.
Length: 19 pages
Date of creation: Dec 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Constituyente 1502, 6to piso, CP 11200, Montevideo
Phone: (598) 2410-6449
Fax: (598) 2410-6450
Web page: http://www.fcs.edu.uy/subcategoria.php?SubCatId=48&CatId=53
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leamer, Edward E., 1980. "Welfare computations and the optimal staging of tariff reductions in models with adjustment costs," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 21-36, February.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1995. "Labor Demand and the Source of Adjustment Costs," NBER Working Papers 4394, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Milner, Chris & Wright, Peter, 1998. "Modelling Labour Market Adjustment to Trade Liberalisation in an Industrialising Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(447), pages 509-28, March.
- Mussa, Michael, 1974. "Tariffs and the Distribution of Income: The Importance of Factor Specificity, Substitutability, and Intensity in the Short and Long Run," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1191-1203, Nov.-Dec..
- Hamermesh, Daniel S, 1995. "Labour Demand and the," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(430), pages 620-34, May.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Tracy R. Lewis, 1991.
"Trade Adjustment Assistance and Pareto Gains From Trade,"
NBER Working Papers
3845, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feenstra, Robert C. & Lewis, Tracy R., 1994. "Trade adjustment assistance and Pareto gains from trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3-4), pages 201-222, May.
- Feenstra, R.C. & Lewis, T.R., 1989. "Trade Adjustment Assistance And Pareto Gains From Trade," Papers 343, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs.
- Mussa, Michael, 1978. "Dynamic Adjustment in the Heckscher-Ohlin-Samuelson Model," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 775-91, October.
- Brecher, Richard A. & Choudhri, Ehsan U., 1994.
"Pareto gains from trade, reconsidered : Compensating for jobs lost,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(3-4), pages 223-238, May.
- Richard Brecher & Eshan Choudhri, 1991. "Pareto Gains from Trade, Reconsidered: Compensating for Job Lost," Carleton Economic Papers 91-16, Carleton University, Department of Economics, revised May 1994.
- Mayer, Wolfgang, 1974. "Short-Run and Long-Run Equilibrium for a Small Open Economy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(5), pages 955-67, Sept./Oct.
- Brander, James A. & Spencer, Barbara J., 1994.
"Trade adjustment assistance : Welfare and incentive effects of payments to displaced workers,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(3-4), pages 239-261, May.
- James A. Brander & Barbara J. Spencer, 1989. "Trade Adjustment Assistance: Welfare and Incentive Effects of Payments to Displaced Workers," NBER Working Papers 3071, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh & Wolter H. J. Hassink & Jan C. van Ours, 1994. "New Facts About Factor-Demand Dynamics: Employment, Jobs, and Workers," NBER Working Papers 4625, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shoven,John B. & Whalley,John, 1992.
"Applying General Equilibrium,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521266550, December.
- Hill, John K. & Mendez, JoseA., 1983. "Factor mobility and the general equilibrium model of production," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 19-26, August.
- Grossman, Gene M & Shapiro, Carl, 1982. "A Theory of Factor Mobility," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(5), pages 1054-69, October.
- Noel Gaston & Daniel Trefler, 1997. "The Labour Market Consequences of the Canada-U.S. Free Trade Agreement," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 30(1), pages 18-41, February.
- Levy, Santiago & van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 1992.
"Transition problems in economic reform : agriculture in the Mexico - U.S. free trade agreement,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
967, The World Bank.
- Levy, Santiago & van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 1992. "Transition Problems in Economic Reform: Agriculture in the Mexico-US Free Trade Agreement," CEPR Discussion Papers 624, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mussa, Michael, 1982. "Imperfect factor mobility and the distribution of income," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1-2), pages 125-141, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Irene Musio) or (Héctor Pastori).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.