A Decade of Transition
AbstractThe MONEE project Regional Monitoring Report of the UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre is a unique source of information on the social side of the transition taking place in the 27 countries of Central and Eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States. Each year’s Report contains an update on the social and economic changes affecting people in the region and includes a wealth of data in a detailed Statistical Annex. The present Report provides a review of the first 10 years of transition, exploiting the fact that data are now available on many issues that cover the entire 1990s. The core chapters examine the record of the decade in four key areas affecting human welfare: income inequality and child poverty, health, education, and child protection. An introductory chapter analyses key economic and demographic trends. In each case, the Report summarizes developments to the end of the decade, discussing both the outcomes measured with statistical data and the policy options.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre in its series Regional Monitoring Report with number remore01/15.
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- P36 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Consumer Economics; Health; Education and Training; Welfare, Income, Wealth, and Poverty
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Spagat, 2001.
"Human Capital and the Future of Transition Economies,"
Royal Holloway, University of London: Discussion Papers in Economics
01/3, Department of Economics, Royal Holloway University of London, revised Dec 2001.
- Spagat, Michael, 2006. "Human capital and the future of transition economies," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 44-56, March.
- Spagat, Michael, 2002. "Human Capital and the Future of Transition Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 3517, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Klugman, Jeni & Micklewright, John & Redmond, Gerry, 2002.
"Poverty in the Transition: Social Expenditures and the Working-Age Poor,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3389, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jeni Klugman & John Micklewright & Gerry Redmond & UNICEF - United Nations Children's Fund, 2002. "Poverty in the Transition: Social expenditures and the working-age poor," Innocenti Working Papers inwopa02/18, UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre.
- Spagat, Michael, 2002.
"Human Capital, Growth and Inequality in Transition Economies,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3556, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael Spagat, 2002. "Human Capital, Growth and Inequality in Transition Economies," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 499, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Christoph Bühler, 2003. "Additional work, family agriculture, and the birth of a first or a second child in Russia at the beginning of the 1990s," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2003-012, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Micklewright, John & Schnepf, Sylke V., 2006. "Inequality of Learning in Industrialised Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 2517, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patrizia Faustini).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.