The Use of Downside Risk Measures in Portfolio Construction and Evaluation
AbstractOne of the challenges of using downside risk measures as an alternative constructor of portfolios and diagnostic devise is in their computational intensity. This paper outlines how to use downside risk measures to construct efficient portfolios and to evaluate portfolio performance in light of investor loss aversion
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Society for Computational Economics in its series Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 with number 5.
Date of creation: 11 Nov 2005
Date of revision:
downside risk; portfolios; performance measure;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-11-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-FIN-2005-11-19 (Finance)
- NEP-RMG-2005-11-19 (Risk Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Laurent Calvet & Adlai Fisher & Benoit Mandelbrot, 1999.
"A Multifractal Model of Assets Returns,"
New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires
99-072, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- B. B. Mandelbrot, 2001. "Scaling in financial prices: I. Tails and dependence," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 113-123.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.