Estimation of Diffusions using Wavelet scaling methods
AbstractIn continuous time, diffusion processes have been used for modelling financial dynamics for a long time. For example the Ornstein-Uhlenbeck process (the simplest mean-reverting process)has been used to model non-speculative price processes. The Cox-Ingersoll-Ross process is widely used to model interest rate dynamics. We discuss parameter estimation of these processes using a new method, namely a Wavelet filter method. This approach is useful as it turns out that the resulting covariance function is decorrelated. We use Monte Carlo simulation to report the distribution of estimates.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Society for Computational Economics in its series Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 with number 255.
Date of creation: 01 Apr 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.econometricsociety.org/conference/SCE2001/SCE2001.html
More information through EDIRC
Ornstein-Uhlenbeck process; CIR model; Wavelet transform;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C0 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General
- C4 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics
- G0 - Financial Economics - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:cup:etheor:v:13:y:1997:i:3:p:430-61 is not listed on IDEAS
- E. Roy Weintraub, 1992. "Introduction," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 24(5), pages 3-12, Supplemen.
- Overbeck, Ludger & Rydén, Tobias, 1997. "Estimation in the Cox-Ingersoll-Ross Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(03), pages 430-461, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.